Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boleyn Ground/Upton Park

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's all going to kick off tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if Wayne Rooney was punched in the face by pitch invaders. Nigh on impossible to complete this match especially if the Mancs are winning.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
At least no player is likely to be hit by anyone throwing anything from the crowd at the new ground. Not without someone setting a stadium record anyway.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are they really? Well there you go. Every day's a schoolday.

The competition to be the most London is certainly stiff up in the smoke. It's almost like Yorkshire in that respect, where they battle each other to be seen as the representatives of the region. Huddersfield have (or had) "The Yorkshire Club" all over their branding, presumably in an effort to out-Yorkshire The Leeds United and The Massive. No idea who won.
Everyone knows that Burnley are the biggest club in Yorkshire :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
From the BBC:

West Ham co-Chairman David Sullivan played down the incident, telling BBC Radio 5 live that their opponents should have arrived earlier.
He said: "It is depressing really, it will be a late night for our fans and some of them won't be able to stay.
"I don't understand why United couldn't get here at 4pm. They could have got here early. They knew it would be busy. It's crazy.
"There was congestion in the street and they couldn't get the coach in. There were people around the coach, but there was no attack on the coach.
"If you check the coach there won't be any damage to it. If we arrived late at Old Trafford they wouldn't put the kick-off back."

I think you may need to rethink that David...

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
That idiot Sullivan moaning that due to the delay many supporters won't be able to join in all the planned celebrations after the game as they will need to get trains home. He reckons Utd should have been there at 16.00. When does an away team ever get to a ground 4 hours before ok? What are they supposed to do for that time?If you want to moan Mr Sullivan that people will miss out on the celebrations then pin the blame on those who caused the chaos in the streets around the ground.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
One thing has stuck out for me tonight.

Get the home crowd behind you, make the opposition feel intimidated and boy is it like having a 12th man.

Something we could really do with Monday evening.

One thing has stuck out for me tonight.

Get the home crowd behind you, make the opposition feel intimidated and boy is it like having a 12th man.

Something we could really do with Monday evening.

What, smash up their coach?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The magistrates courts could be in for a busy old summer if Millwall and Portsmouth lose their play-off semi-finals as well.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
ceaf43908310bf4ace2faec0a4a0f79c.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've always liked Hartson ever since he kicked that ponce Ayal Bercovic in the head during training. Lovely stuff, that.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The magistrates courts could be in for a busy old summer if Millwall and Portsmouth lose their play-off semi-finals as well.
First Train out of Kings X Sunday arrives in Bradford 3 Minutes before Kick off . Should be a lot of Millwall in Yorkshire Saturday Night then . Fans really don't matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here