Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boleyn Ground/Upton Park

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stamford bridge is nearer the bow bells than upton park, arsenal and millwall are by far the closest clubs to the bow bells.

Are they really? Well there you go. Every day's a schoolday.

The competition to be the most London is certainly stiff up in the smoke. It's almost like Yorkshire in that respect, where they battle each other to be seen as the representatives of the region. Huddersfield have (or had) "The Yorkshire Club" all over their branding, presumably in an effort to out-Yorkshire The Leeds United and The Massive. No idea who won.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anne Boleyn's real name is in fact Anne Bullen. The family name was "Frenchified" after she attended the French royal court as a lady-in-waiting. On her return to England she became one of Katherine of Aragon's ladies, which is when dear, old lovable Henry fancied the pants off her and the rest as they say is history. :yawn:

"For goodnesse' sake, Sir Thomas: when I said I wished for her to giveth heade, I meant..."

Too soon?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
United coach late for a London game for the second time in a couple of weeks. What happened to the idea of getting changed on the coach, as many teams have had to do in the past?
The United team were there well before kick off so it could have gone ahead at the right time.
It is their responsibility to get themselves there on time - look at Google maps every 5 minutes perhaps?
No internal windows were broken, only the outer skin of the double-glazing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
United coach late for a London game for the second time in a couple of weeks. What happened to the idea of getting changed on the coach, as many teams have had to do in the past?
The United team were there well before kick off so it could have gone ahead at the right time.
It is their responsibility to get themselves there on time - look at Google maps every 5 minutes perhaps?

The drivers window and just above him was smashed through not just the outer skin....but you do have to wonder why it wasn't driven there earlier given there problems against Tottenham and the whole scrum surrounding tonight's event...still no excuse for mindless behaviour

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Are these the same fans being gifted a stadium by all us taxpayers?

Well matchday security is one of the things the club won't have to finance anymore so I think there will have to be a budget increase on that already! :rolleyes:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Good memories of Upton Park, I have never known it to be Boleyn Ground until recent seasons
Great ground and surrounding area
Another nail in the coffin to the football ground and the arise of the modern no atmosphere arenas

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

It's nothing to do with the players preparation, it's so Van Gaal has time to sort out his increasingly strange hair do

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When West Ham are getting 60,000 crowds next season, I look forward to Palace trolls telling them they are JCLs cos they only used to get 35000 at Upton park

Are they really? Well there you go. Every day's a schoolday.

The competition to be the most London is certainly stiff up in the smoke. It's almost like Yorkshire in that respect, where they battle each other to be seen as the representatives of the region. Huddersfield have (or had) "The Yorkshire Club" all over their branding, presumably in an effort to out-Yorkshire The Leeds United and The Massive. No idea who won.

For reasons that I needn't go into, I was reading a copy of yesterday's Huddersfield Daily Examiner and found a full half-page report of the Middlesbrough v Albion game. Middlesbrough is 91 miles from Huddersfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here