Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boleyn Ground/Upton Park

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seen as you cant buy as season ticket in L2 for the price West Ham are knocking them out at I am suprised they havent sold 80,000

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
I've never known such a clamber to report on a club leaving an old ground, not even when Arsenal left Highbury. Sick of it, does anyone who does not support the 'ammers' actually care? The Moose on talk sport does my head in as well, literally cant say a sentence without mentioning something about them.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Totally agree about the ott coverage! As you say sky have been all over it! Radio 5 live devoted a whole section of a programme to it! It's been cringeworthy! I accept that to WHU fans it's a big deal, but clubs change grounds a lot these days. We've lost other historical grounds in the last 10-15 years, Highbury ( the arsenal stadium to give its full name), Main road, The dell and Roker park to name a few (could even count Wembley sort of ish). I don't remember them getting so much hype and coverage!

That covers Upton Park. Out of interest where's the distaste for Everton come from?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bet Alf Garnett is rolling in his grave :bowdown:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Don't really watch TV so I've not been bombarded by it all. That said I am sad to see West Ham leave it, too many proper football grounds are being replaced by these brand new fancy looking arenas..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CiGKhwTW0AABZ6L.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The main reason for the furore is that a large contingent of your London football media are West 'Am, a club that is historically unsuccessful and backwards-looking. If it wasn't for Dmitri Payet their player of the season would probably be Trevor Brooking.

One-song w*nkers!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
That covers Upton Park. Out of interest where's the distaste for Everton come from?

Used to really dislike them as I knew an annoying **** who supported them and thought they could do no wrong. An ex work colleague who,used to drone on about it every ****ing day! Should change my sig now really!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
There is of course the chance that this move may eventually become a white Elephant (and castle) gates drop to zilch they go bust and share with Leyton Orient, feel free to bounce in 5 years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The people I feel for in all this is the newham council rate payers, unless you support West Ham must be hard to take

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Is anyone else getting sick to death of the blanket coverage about West Ham moving to the Olympic Stadium.

Sky are quite positively ******* themselves silly over it, BBC Breakfast News was running it as a lead story.

The crowd could reach out and touch the players is a line I've heard over and over and over this last few days.

Who gives a shit, it’s not as if anything ever happened there of note*

*Admittedly West Ham did win the World Cup for us all in 1966.
Are they leaving upton park ?? I havent seen it mentioned anywhere ? :lolol: In truth im sick to death of hearing about upton bloody park and the ''east end'' when in reality its on the essex borders and not in the east end at all.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I believe it's because they're all cor-blimey luv-a-duck, roll-aaaaat-the-barrel, stone-the-crows-Mary-Poppins type cockney sparrers, born within earshot of the Bow Bells*

*apart from the many thousands in Southend, Basildon, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, etc.
Stamford bridge is nearer the bow bells than upton park, arsenal and millwall are by far the closest clubs to the bow bells.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Fed up with all the hype on SSN ,you'd think they were the only team ever to get a new ground plus no mention of the finance Brady did to get there

Exactly Wet Sham can just go funk off as far as I'm concerned

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I've never known such a clamber to report on a club leaving an old ground, not even when Arsenal left Highbury. Sick of it, does anyone who does not support the 'ammers' actually care? The Moose on talk sport does my head in as well, literally cant say a sentence without mentioning something about them.

This.

It makes me want to CRY when I hear The Moose - he earns a LIVING doing that shit. He's a ****ing IDIOT

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Upton Park is one of the best grounds in English football. Sad to see it go. Sitting (or standing) in the Bobby Moore Stand lower was not for the faint hearted - five times as hostile and loud as the north stand - and I don't say that flippantly. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Millwall at home.

Can see Manchester United ruining the party tonight with a 3-1 win (20/1).

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Perhaps because Anne Boleyn should be pronounced like that?

Anne Boleyn's real name is in fact Anne Bullen. The family name was "Frenchified" after she attended the French royal court as a lady-in-waiting. On her return to England she became one of Katherine of Aragon's ladies, which is when dear, old lovable Henry fancied the pants off her and the rest as they say is history. :yawn:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anne Boleyn's real name is in fact Anne Bullen. The family name was "Frenchified" after she attended the French royal court as a lady-in-waiting. On her return to England she became one of Katherine of Aragon's ladies, which is when dear, old lovable Henry fancied the pants off her and the rest as they say is history. :yawn:
I like history and, thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here