Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold ambition: Zaha believes he is ready for the Premier League

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I much prefer Buckley and although Zaha seems to have natural ability there is more to being a footballer than that.

I think he will be staying at Palace. No London club will take the chance at the prices suggested.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
And the palarse fans only gave zaha 2.28% rating for his efforts :ohmy:

That was the amount of people who thought he was MoM...

Zaha was doing well against Stoke, but he was getting absolutely smashed repeatedly by Stoke players on and off the ball. In the end he went off injured at HT after being taken out by Shotton off the ball when the referee wasn't looking.

Against Wolves, Wilfried was the best player on the pitch and back to his best.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Zaha player rating from Sunday Mirror vs Premiership Stoke City - 4/10.

Since when has anyone ever listened to the Sunday Mirror player ratings ffs? They probably didn't even have someone at the game, they just saw that he was subbed at HT and gave him a shit mark.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Since when has anyone ever listened to the Sunday Mirror player ratings ffs? They probably didn't even have someone at the game, they just saw that he was subbed at HT and gave him a shit mark.

He was obviously playing out of his skin then if he was subbed. :rolleyes:

Just accept it, your 'hero' is in bad form.

'I must worship the great god Zaha, I must worship the great god Zaha, I must worship the great god Zaha, he can do no wrong. Amen.'

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Tick tock tick tock, deal done within a couple of days I reckon. Spurs or Man Utd - loan back option with Spurs a possibility but what young player wouldn't want to go to Utd if they were wanted? Tough decision for the lad.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wilf's agent can do all he wants to get a move, but ultimately until an offer it made and accepted, he can't do f**k all about it.
Of course Parish is talking up the price, that's what clubs do isn't it ? Did I not read today Poyet said Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid ?
We lost £4/5 million last year, and the owners covered the debt, and they've been quite transparent about balancing the books every 2 seasons.
Dougie left because talks on a new contract weren't as advanced as he hoped, so took the opportunity to go elsewhere, his choice,and the compo paid for Holloway.
Be interesting reading your accounts in March, if the rumours are true and your losing money, maybe reality will hit home and people will realise that there's not a bottomless pit of money at your disposal.

We have known since Day 1 that there isn't a bottomless pit of money. Tony Bloom has alwys mad that clear. Doesn't stop him earmarking funds for imporant projects like Stadium expansion and Academy. Day to Day running has to be self-sufficient.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He was obviously playing out of his skin then if he was subbed. :rolleyes:

Just accept it, your 'hero' is in bad form.

'I must worship the great god Zaha, I must worship the great god Zaha, I must worship the great god Zaha, he can do no wrong. Amen.'

As I said, Zaha was only subbed because he was injured in an off the ball "challenge" from Shotton. The referee didn't see it so Shotton wasn't sent off. Zaha was playing well until he got clattered just before HT.

How on earth do you know how he's playing? He was MoM against Wolves and was the best player on the pitch. Sky gave him MoM against Huddersfield the week before that. He had a rough few games because he was being triple marked but has learned to deal with this and is back to his best.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sky gave him MoM against Huddersfield the week before that.

So when Sky give him MoM it counts, but when another media outlet give him a bad rating they must've "not been watching properly", correct?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The fact they put 4/10 suggests that they definitely DID watch the match, if they didn't they would just give him a 6 or 7, wouldn't they?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will it be "good riddance we are better off without him" from the Palace fans when he goes??

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So when Sky give him MoM it counts, but when another media outlet give him a bad rating they must've "not been watching properly", correct?

I'd imagine the Sky people were watching the Huddersfield game. It would be difficult not to have watched it considering... you know... it was on Sky. Beagrie is a good pundit and knows his stuff.

I doubt the Mirror people watched the game at all. They don't usually, but they submit ratings anyway. They see that he was subbed off at HT and assume he was shit, not that he was injured.

The fact is that you clowns have no idea how Wilf has been playing recently as you haven't seen him. Suffice it to say that Wilfried is still the best player in the division.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'd imagine the Sky people were watching the Huddersfield game. It would be difficult not to have watched it considering... you know... it was on Sky. Beagrie is a good pundit and knows his stuff.

I doubt the Mirror people watched the game at all. They don't usually, but they submit ratings anyway. They see that he was subbed off at HT and assume he was shit, not that he was injured.

The fact is that you clowns have no idea how Wilf has been playing recently as you haven't seen him. Suffice it to say that Wilfried is still the best player in the division.

my nephew was there and he said it was his worst performance of the season. His actual words were "it was like someone had tied his shoe laces together"

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
my nephew was there and he said it was his worst performance of the season. His actual words were "it was like someone had tied his shoe laces together"

Absolute rubbish. Get your nephews eyes tested.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Absolute rubbish. Get your nephews eyes tested.

dont shoot the messenger, he is genually an honest chap when it comes to Palace which is rare, has always said it how it is, thats what he said, he also says that the better player is the other winger (who I cant spell!) as he has more to his game.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
dont shoot the messenger, he is genually an honest chap when it comes to Palace which is rare, has always said it how it is, thats what he said, he also says that the better player is the other winger (who I cant spell!) as he has more to his game.

Bolasie is a very good player especially considering how cheap we got him, however he simply doesn't compare to Wilf. Zaha is just a class above every other winger at this level, Yannick only stands out so much because he is afforded so much space due to the opposition putting 3 men on Wilf.

Everyone who watched the game on the BBS thought Wilf was excellent until he got injured.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Bolasie is a very good player especially considering how cheap we got him, however he simply doesn't compare to Wilf. Zaha is just a class above every other winger at this level, Yannick only stands out so much because he is afforded so much space due to the opposition putting 3 men on Wilf.

Everyone who watched the game on the BBS thought Wilf was excellent until he got injured.

as i say I dont watch your boys and have no interest too.....just passing on a fellow Palace fan view. When you played us, IMO Bolasie was the better player

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fact they put 4/10 suggests that they definitely DID watch the match, if they didn't they would just give him a 6 or 7, wouldn't they?

For balance, the Daily Star awarded Bridcutt a SIX v Newcastle!...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here