Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold ambition: Zaha believes he is ready for the Premier League

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I'd imagine the Sky people were watching the Huddersfield game. It would be difficult not to have watched it considering... you know... it was on Sky. Beagrie is a good pundit and knows his stuff.

I doubt the Mirror people watched the game at all. They don't usually, but they submit ratings anyway. They see that he was subbed off at HT and assume he was shit, not that he was injured.

The fact is that you clowns have no idea how Wilf has been playing recently as you haven't seen him. Suffice it to say that Wilfried is still the best player in the division.

lol Even your own fans on your forum are saying he has not been the same player since he England debut ffs.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Earlier the presenters on Talksport were having a chat about the nominees for the forthcoming Ballon D'or award and hoping that Iniesta might win over Messi (unlikely). Then they pointed out that no English player has won the award since Michael Owen in 2001 and none currently look likely. They suggested the most likely British player could be Gareth Bale but only if he hits spectacular form with Spurs in the Champs Lge next season (lots of 'ifs' in there). Among the other names mentioned was Zaha - at which point I nearly fell off my chair laughing so much. But then it was Talksport, so not to be taken too seriously.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
lol Even your own fans on your forum are saying he has not been the same player since he England debut ffs.

They are not wrong. After his England game he had two or three matches that were below his usual standard. The Huddersfield game got his confidence back and he was utterly brilliant again for the
Wolves game. Against Stoke he looked great until he got injured and subbed off.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just watched Zaha scoring against Huddersfield and Wolves. It's apparent to me quite how far into delusion palace fans are about his abilities. It's very hard to take people seriously about the footballing merits of the said player when their comments regarding those goals were so over the top. Both of the goals were very good, excellent in fact and show a high degree of skill but I was expecting something a little more, you know the type of goal that you just want to watch over and over. I can't wait until he sells for less than 10 million and fails to set the 3rd best league in the world alight.

Yeah he's brilliant that Winifred - against Huddersfield or Wolves (lower league Championship clubs).

However should the self proclaimed 3rd greatest player on the planet somehow manage to end up in the Prem then 4/10 would seem a tad disappointing to most.

More Bostock anyone?:drink:

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Yeah he's brilliant that Winifred - against Huddersfield or Wolves (lower league Championship clubs).

However should the self proclaimed 3rd greatest player on the planet somehow manage to end up in the Prem then 4/10 would seem a tad disappointing to most.

More Bostock anyone?:drink:

Hi Major - how are you ? Good Xmas ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Just watched Zaha scoring against Huddersfield and Wolves. It's apparent to me quite how far into delusion palace fans are about his abilities. It's very hard to take people seriously about the footballing merits of the said player when their comments regarding those goals were so over the top. Both of the goals were very good, excellent in fact and show a high degree of skill but I was expecting something a little more, you know the type of goal that you just want to watch over and over. I can't wait until he sells for less than 10 million and fails to set the 3rd best league in the world alight.

The Huddersfield goal was very nice. His brace against Wolves away back in October was fantastic.

Selling for less than £10m? It's apparent to me quite how far into delusion some Brighton fans are about his abilities. Spurs opened their offers for Zaha with a £10m bid. That was the initial offer. We could sell him for £10m tomorrow if we wanted to and we'd have 5/6 takers. Obviously we don't want to sell him for such a small fee, because he's worth at least £15m.

The Huddersfield goal was very nice. His brace against Wolves away back in October was fantastic.

Selling for less than £10m? It's apparent to me quite how far into delusion some Brighton fans are about his abilities. Spurs opened their offers for Zaha with a £10m bid. That was the initial offer. We could sell him for £10m tomorrow if we wanted to and we'd have 5/6 takers. Obviously we don't want to sell him for such a small fee, because he's worth at least £15m.

4/10 though - come on.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

:rotlf:

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Hi Major - how are you ? Good Xmas ?

Sorry old man, completely forgot:

Yesterday, 22:43
TheMajor
ChampionshipsBestSupport

This message is hidden because TheMajor is on your ignore list.

View Post.
Remove user from ignore list

Im sure what you said was extremely erudite though, and I hope your holiday period was enjoyable. Toodles.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One was a hand-ball, and shouldn't have been allowed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here