Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bnp win Euro seat.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
The BNP put out 450 candidates in the local elections last week. Their return? Just 3 councillors :lolol: 2 of those were already councillors in far right areas and the 3rd was in another far right location. In the vast majority of cases the BNP finished last. Representative of Britain? Hardly! To be taken seriously? :jester: The local elections were a complete failure for the BNP.

Well you don't have to worry then do you.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed - but isn't the point that the BNP are now elected, therefore the racist policies that were voted for are exactly what the people want to hear?

Well labour are just as racist and just as good as keeping their racist agenda from being prevalent. Labour and The BNP mirror each other in so many ways and the left is clueless in how to deal with them, the bnp.

They think that tacking to the other exstreme is a way to combat the far right.

The opposite of racist is anti racist.

I would say the opposite of racial obsessive is colourblindness.

I would also say the opposite of nationalist is traitor.

If theres any shame tonight it all belongs with the left who need to take a long hard look at themselves.

. Representative of Britain? Hardly! To be taken seriously? :jester: The local elections were a complete failure for the BNP.

As a reasonably neutral political observer, I have to say that an increase in their vote coupled with the election of a county councillor for the first time can hardly be described as a "complete failure". The failure lies with the electoral system, which discriminates against smaller parties.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No, the opposite of nationalist is global citizen.

Theres no such thing. Do you always present idealised fantasies for real political debate?

A nationalist is someone with exstreme partizanship and loyalty to their country, the opposite attitude to their country is trecharey.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Theres no such thing. Do you always present idealised fantasies for real political debate?

A nationalist is someone with exstreme partizanship and loyalty to their country, the opposite attitude to their country is trecharey.

Thats not entirely true Looney. To tired to explain right now

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

So in your view, the opposite of a political position is a criminal one?

If you don't think there are global citizens, you obviously haven't got out much.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Treacharey [sic] is, surely, exstreme [sic] partizanship against their country, using your definition? Personally, I'd say the opposite of extreme partizanship is.... absolutely no partizanship, which isn't treachery at all?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As a reasonably neutral political observer, I have to say that an increase in their vote coupled with the election of a county councillor for the first time can hardly be described as a "complete failure". The failure lies with the electoral system, which discriminates against smaller parties.

It doesn't in the European or local elections. I'm not sure there has been an increase in their vote, they've creeped in on the back of people simply not voting for the major parties.

Forgot all this rubbish from Coventry about the party changing, quite simply it hasn't going by the bloke who has got the European seat.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No, the opposite of nationalist is global citizen.

Allow me to intellectually humble you a bit more.The argument you are using is called a logical fallacy.

Its like I'm saying the opposite of someone who loves chips is someone who hates chips.

You are saying the opposite of someone who loves chips is someone who loves mashed potato.

Can you see how absurd you come across now?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Allow me to intellectually humble you a bit more.The argument you are using is called a logical fallacy.

Its like I'm saying the opposite of someone who loves chips is someone who hates chips.

You are saying the opposite of someone who loves chips is someone who loves mashed potato.

Can you see how absurd you come across now?

Are you drunk?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So in your view, the opposite of a political position is a criminal one?

If you don't think there are global citizens, you obviously haven't got out much.

Now you are using a straw man argument. Trechery is not neccasarily criminal, treason is.

Have you got a global citizens passport? Mine says British on it.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
It doesn't in the European or local elections. I'm not sure there has been an increase in their vote, they've creeped in on the back of people simply not voting for the major parties.

Forgot all this rubbish from Coventry about the party changing, quite simply it hasn't going by the bloke who has got the European seat.

I think the overall vote for the BNP will be 9% which is a 5% increase. What makes you think that some of the people who didn't vote. Would not have voted for the BNP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here