Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom's massive gamble - with our money

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because instead of just sacking Gus for trying to leave before his contract was up they did the correct legal thing as laid down in company law. I would say while the timing was bad they actually showed a great example of how things should be done across the industry like any other business.

They were more concerned about the legal implications rather than act quickly and decisive. When I had my pubs if I sacked somebody they were gone and had they chosen to take me to an industrial tribunal I would have stood my ground as to my reasons come hell or high water and accepted the consequences. TB was advised by his legal men who have no interest or possibly knowledge of how the manager situation works only from the law books. The team and supporters are now suffering because of this inability to deal with the problem quickly. Will other clubs follow TB example when sacking a manager, having seen what it has done to us I would think not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
that would be blame for our position after TWO FSCKING GAMES. could we please leave the season obituaries until at least October?

It is only 2 league games and a cup tie against a team who last year were in the Conference but we look a complete shambles and I think that it will take a couple of months for OG style and system to come to fruition by which time promotion will probably be out of the question.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Patience, Pheobe, patience!, todays society,really?....'What do we want? Promotion! When do we want it...'Now!
Palace last season went about 4 games before they got a win....Reading, season before, were in a relegation position just before Xmas.
So we've lost 3 games...(Only two matter in my book as the Cup games can only give you cards and injuries ) Those two games lost were by an odd goal....Oscar will pull it round of that I'm sure....you can only play the cards you were dealt with...more signings will follow...we will never find another Wayne Bridge though.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
They were more concerned about the legal implications rather than act quickly and decisive. When I had my pubs if I sacked somebody they were gone and had they chosen to take me to an industrial tribunal I would have stood my ground as to my reasons come hell or high water and accepted the consequences. TB was advised by his legal men who have no interest or possibly knowledge of how the manager situation works only from the law books. The team and supporters are now suffering because of this inability to deal with the problem quickly. Will other clubs follow TB example when sacking a manager, having seen what it has done to us I would think not.

And it's not reasonable to consider the legal implications when losing a court case could cost the same as half the transfer budget? Gus is taking us to court even though we did the right way, he is less likely to succeed because we did it the right way is he not.
Would you have risked losing a pub in court just to stand your ground and have the ability to sack people at will?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can Gus take us to court on what grounds? It is an employment issue so surely the correct route and the one the court will say is via an industrial tribunal and what is the most it would cost us the remainder of his contract about the same as a low transfer fee for player player I would think. A lot less than we will lose if this form continues or if OG decides he cannot change it with the players he is given and decides to walk.

A further point is the club suspended a manger and his staff would it have been considered unreasonable to have brought in a head coach the next day to keep things running smoothly, of course it wouldnt any business can not shut because 3 employees are suspended pending possible further action. TB and his board should have had the courage of their convictions and taken decisive action to bring in a coach not a manager.

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I was under the impression that the new manager was supposedly going to come in and continue with the philosophy of playing football the way we had been playing it, but with more pace and guile?

That being the case, why is going to take Oscar so long to 'get his ideas across', when essentially the basis should be the same?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Patience, Pheobe, patience!, todays society,really?....'What do we want? Promotion! When do we want it...'Now!
Palace last season went about 4 games before they got a win....Reading, season before, were in a relegation position just before Xmas.
So we've lost 3 games...(Only two matter in my book as the Cup games can only give you cards and injuries ) Those two games lost were by an odd goal....Oscar will pull it round of that I'm sure....you can only play the cards you were dealt with...more signings will follow...we will never find another Wayne Bridge though.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was under the impression that the new manager was supposedly going to come in and continue with the philosophy of playing football the way we had been playing it, but with more pace and guile?

That being the case, why is going to take Oscar so long to 'get his ideas across', when essentially the basis should be the same?

Anybody who has watched us this season can see that we are getting the ball forward quicker but it is affecting our possession and allowing us to lose the ball more than we did last season and there are more 50/50 balls and we didnt win one of those today..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The players need time to adapt to playing basically a similar style but at a faster tempo. There is no point having possession for 5 minutes without an attempt on goal and then losing the ball and the opposition scoring against the run of play. Becoming attack minded will pick up those 3 points that previously would have been losses or draws.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The players need time to adapt to playing basically a similar style but at a faster tempo. There is no point having possession for 5 minutes without an attempt on goal and then losing the ball and the opposition scoring against the run of play. Becoming attack minded will pick up those 3 points that previously would have been losses or draws.

Ok, but he has had 2 months with them i.e all of pre-season. Why does it look SO disjointed at this stage?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Has he? I thought he was appointed on the 26 June. If so where does the 2 months come from?

Oops, my mistake, I always think pre-season is 2 months??! :blush:

Anyway, my point is most managers talk about "having a whole pre-season" to get ideas across etc. I'm just asking why it looks SO disjointed still?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So we are 1 point worse off than last season, scored more but also let in more. Hardly the end of the world is it especially as we have a few injuries

And then we were top after like 7 games.

Need to win next four to be on par with last season.

Not happening.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Everyone is missing a big point here. The crowd yesterday was just over 26,000. Many more performances like that and it will drop to 23,000 and continue to drop and drop . First game of the season at home should have been a sell out, the events of the summer, ticket prices and lack of any exciting signings made sure it wasn't. People will always vote with their feet, Mr Bloom won't be worried about the hardcore 8,000 they will always go, its the other 18,000 he has got to keep interested or everything will grind to a shuddering halt.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I think you should phone up and offer TB your business experience. With your advice he may make something of himself

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
My question is this, god forbid that we are in in the bottom three come xmas but what does Tony do if we are?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My question is this, god forbid that we are in in the bottom three come xmas but what does Tony do if we are?

Sack the Manager.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think you should phone up and offer TB your business experience. With your advice he may make something of himself

Haha. Brilliant.

Incidentally, the people who booed on the final whistle yesterday... Presumably that must have been for the ref? Surely nobody is that impatient and idiotic that they would boo the team after one home league game?

If it was for the ref, probably better to do it as he leaves the pitch like everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here