Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom's massive gamble - with our money

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There's no way Bloom will just pay off a manager who has a 3 year contract and fails to get a team together and getting it playing the way he wants within a couple of months. Welcome to the world of supporting your local football club though thick and thin.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The Poster has a perfectly good point. It is a massive gamble. Garcia has never played a game in the English league no managed a single game. Poyet has over one hundred games in the Premiership and second in charge at Spurs and Leeds United so Bloom has taken a real punt on this and 3 games, 3 defeats is not exactly encouraging.

You really think Gus would have done better with that team, no Bruno, Orlandi, Bridcutt, CMS, Hoskins etc and they boys just joining the first team from the DS, Lopez is not fully ready but had to play and the new boy probably still has learn most of the players names?
Give the man a chance please.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You really think Gus would have done better with that team, no Bruno, Orlandi, Bridcutt, CMS, Hoskins etc and they boys just joining the first team from the DS, Lopez is not fully ready but had to play and the new boy probably still has learn most of the players names?
Give the man a chance please.

I hope you are right Martyn. I just think Poyet is a vastly superior manager.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gus had how many years? Oscar has had how many weeks? Idiot!

He is not an idiot. He is stating a fact. Blind loyalty and hoping it all turns out for the best is not the only option. People ask questions about decisions made and a robust exchange of views is good and healthy without resorting to insults.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't think we will be challenging the top 6 as Bloom stated in the match programme today. We have too much to go down but midtable / lower is my expectation this season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Any team with Ulloa upfront is unlikely to go down. Thank you Ulloa.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This. Football is a results buisness. 3 games, 3 defeats, with a squad that finished 4 last season is poor.

Is there an echo in here ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
A huge gamble to bring in an unproven english league manager. I give it till December and we carry on like today Garcia will be gone

What about Bloom's massive gamble with Bloom's money !!

I think I may just be prepared to wait a bit longer (hold) before I would change (twist)

By comparison, we as fans ( STs or match day basis ) are only taking a gamble upon being entertained !

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
But at the moment all the new players our Burke and Barbers ... Let Oscar get his own in then we will see how good he is

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
This. Football is a results buisness. 3 games, 3 defeats, with a squad that finished 4 last season is poor.

Finished 4th despite only having one more point then we have now. Were you slating Gus then? If you were, you were proved wrong, if you weren't then you're inconsistent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here