Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom's massive gamble - with our money

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Poster has a perfectly good point. It is a massive gamble. Garcia has never played a game in the English league no managed a single game. Poyet has over one hundred games in the Premiership and second in charge at Spurs and Leeds United so Bloom has taken a real punt on this and 3 games, 3 defeats is not exactly encouraging.
Every single time this same tried and tested, boring, blinkered, narrow minded, xenophobic, tired bollox gets aired I state counter points and it NEVER get replied to.
So please please answer these:-

What if Oscar's best is better than the second division of English football?
Are you saying Oscar needs to dumb down his abilities?
Is English different to any other countries football?

You're basing your opinion on 3 games, we are not even halfway through August let alone the season.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Every single time this same tried and tested, boring, blinkered, narrow minded, xenophobic, tired bollox gets aired I state counter points and it NEVER get replied to.
So please please answer these:-

What if Oscar's best is better than the second division of English football?
Are you saying Oscar needs to dumb down his abilities?
Is English different to any other countries football?

You're basing your opinion on 3 games, we are not even halfway through August let alone the season.

He is basing his opinion on one game actually

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have seen one game but the stats say

Played 3
Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 3
For 3
Against 7

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
no panic this time last season we had lost capital one cup to a lower league side lost opening away game and drew 0-0 with cardiff at home so 1 point difference then we are now give it time im sure it will come good

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I have seen one game but the stats say

Played 3
Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 3
For 3
Against 7

So we are 1 point worse off than last season, scored more but also let in more. Hardly the end of the world is it especially as we have a few injuries

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So we are 1 point worse off than last season, scored more but also let in more. Hardly the end of the world is it especially as we have a few injuries

It is. The Four Horsemen are already saddling up !

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Let's face it this was always going to happen, the manager stuff should have been sorted in May and not rumbled on all Summer just to be clever or save a few bob. It cost us a lot more in the long run now

And it could last a couple more months. Time to batten down the hatches and show some patience.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
For Non-STH's for category A games you are looking at around £40 now. As a result this season I will only be attending category C and some B games, but mainly away games. To be fair category C games are decent value, got good seats for £25 v Burnley, but £40 for a football game is a piss take.

I do believe that the pricing is responsible for over 4,000 empty seats today.

Yes, me too. £40 too much Cat C maybe,
B possibly, A nope

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not gambling with mine. First home league game I haven't attended in 8 years because I refuse to pay £40+ for a ticket.

Money well saved.

8 years? What a die hard uber fan you are, you must have blue and white coursing through your veins.

I had a very enjoyable day, even though we lost, possibly the best since just over 8 years ago.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely spot on. I said all summer that you can pretty much work out which teams will do well/badly based on how they prepare. Look back over the years and any club in TURMOIL will, more often than not, have a disaster of a season as a result. It's not rocket science, there were too many people sticking their heads in the sand pre-season about just how disastrous the Gus issue has been for our chances this year. We've basically conceded two months of preparation and weeks of transfer activity to every one of the other 23 clubs in the division, and we'll NEVER get that time back. We're just playing catch-up now. Our one hope is that Oscar is a genuinely talented manager and that he will turn this round after a couple of months, but if he is not then I don't expect us to move too far from our current position of 19th all season.

Are you a 'Deatheater'?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
There can be no denying what TB has done for the club but him and his board must take a lot of the blame for our position now.

Because instead of just sacking Gus for trying to leave before his contract was up they did the correct legal thing as laid down in company law. I would say while the timing was bad they actually showed a great example of how things should be done across the industry like any other business.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There can be no denying what TB has done for the club but him and his board must take a lot of the blame for our position now.

that would be blame for our position after TWO FSCKING GAMES. could we please leave the season obituaries until at least October?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here