Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Bloom

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm not necessarily saying that l agreed with the OP's opinion, what l am saying however is that he is entitled to his view, and that he shouldn't be vilified for it.

This board is all about opinions after all.

You said it was a valid question that needed asking? Which part?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I'm not necessarily saying that l agreed with the OP's opinion, what l am saying however is that he is entitled to his view, and that he shouldn't be vilified for it.

Of course the board is all about opinions of which we agree or disagree, but if you decide to include rudeness, disrespect and downright arrogance within that then expect a whole heap of shit in return.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

Yes, of course someone can have an opinion, but such rudeness to our chairman should rightfully be called out. Totally disrespectful and unnecessary tone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Of course the board is all about opinions of which we agree or disagree, but if you decide to include rudeness, disrespect and downright arrogance within that then expect a whole heap of shit in return.

I just don’t understand how someone’s ‘view’ can’t be critiqued because it is their ‘opinion’. This board is all about discussing opinions. If you don’t want an opinion on your opinion, don’t post.

Gammon logic.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Get your bloody chequebook out and buy some bloody players, I can't stand this waiting anymore. We are getting rid of everyone and nothing entering the building, wtf is going on

Christ almighty. A decade and a half ago we were in the same division as you, with a bigger, better stadium. I’ll be thinking of you when we’re kicking off our season at Bromley in a week or so’s time.

You don’t know you’re fùcking born mate.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, of course someone can have an opinion, but such rudeness to our chairman should rightfully be called out. Totally disrespectful and unnecessary tone.

Because he used the word "bloody" a couple of times, and "wtf"? Oh come on, call that rude!

Football is all about passion, and obviously it's something he feels strongly about. Although we all rfespect Tony Bloom, he isn't God.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
To be fair there is quite a good "Premier League 25 goals-a-season" striker shop in Crowborough High Street, apparently with a bit of a sale on right now. They also do amazing central defenders (who don't turn up still pissed to training on a regular basis) and a small but quality line of international left backs who are young, hungry and not especially interested in wages.

Why doesn't Bloom just pop in there ?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Because he used the word "bloody" a couple of times, and "wtf"? Oh come on, call that rude!

Football is all about passion, and obviously it's something he feels strongly about. Although we all rfespect Tony Bloom, he isn't God.

His post was disrespectful, which is why he’s been called out. Being passionate about something doesn’t give them a licence to address someone in such a rude way.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The OP was also the creator of the ‘…….. would be good’ genre after just about every Euros match. Perhaps lacks a little credibility ? Put this context with an extremely disrespectful attitude to the one person who does ‘get his chequebook out’ and you have the backlash. You reap what you sew…..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

And my, and apparently several others, opinion is that he should be vilified for it.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Blimey I admit in life my bluntness gets me into trouble sometimes, but I'm just so passionate about certain things I get taking far away in my head and sometimes things come across like this. I don't mean to cause offence but I'm not pandering to the masses just to be popular

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Being realistic, very few clubs have done much business in the transfer window so far due to limits on some clubs finances, Euro 2020 & Copa America, the Olympics, and as in the past most activity will likely happen in the last few days of August.

Of course we'd all prefer to have someone in now who could play on Saturday but in all reality thats just not going to happen. With the current squad we have, less White and having gained Mwepu, we are likely on course for a similar season to the last one. I for one would be more than happy if we finished 16th again although we obviously would prefer to climb a place or two.

With 3 weeks of the window to go I'm sure we'll get someone in and hopefully bolster our chances of improving our position. With the £69m loss the season before, and likely losses higher than that for last season, it's little surprise the club are being cautious about over committing a large outlay, and having being burned in the past are doing all they can behind the scenes to make sure whoever comes in can have a significant impact. If that means we have to wait a couple more weeks then that is fair enough.

I trust Tony in his decision making but I just think we all need to show a little patience. I'm sure a lot more is going on behind the scenes than any of us know.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who decides which opinions have validity ? The OP is mainly being criticized for the manner of expression of his opinion.

The OP isn't technically expressing an opinion at all - he starts of with a trenchant DEMAND, delivered in a rude and oafish manner, followed up with a technically inaccurate statement (not everybody is leaving and there are some incomings) and ends with an unnecessarily aggressive question.
And now, having spent more time commenting than the original post was worth, I think I'll HWT him, at least until the window slams shut. It's the least he deserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here