Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Bloom

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I would just say that we all knew white was going all summer and still not got the area where we really need strengthening. Saints sorted there’s in under a week.

Not sure selling your talisman and replacing with Armstrong and a Chelsea loanee can be exactly described as ‘sorted’.

Can’t see that Armstrong (and I could be bounced on this of course) is an improvement for us on what we have already. Southampton have a hole left with Ings going, and that’s a big hole. We don’t have a hole, we just need improvement, so our search is slightly different.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm a big fan of the idea Our Tony has just been sitting next to his pool sipping something and decides to have a quick browse of NSC to see what the fans are thinking, sees this thread and thinks "shit, this guy's onto something, I had no idea we needed a striker and it was up to me to buy one..."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a big fan of the idea Our Tony has just been sitting next to his pool sipping something and decides to have a quick browse of NSC to see what the fans are thinking, sees this thread and thinks "shit, this guy's onto something, I had no idea we needed a striker and it was up to me to buy one..."

"I'd better call Barbie, Winstano and The Ashertron back from their holibobs".

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You could say to your wife "I'm afraid we are not going to be able to go on holiday this summer unless either set of our parents can treat us to it" or you could say to her "I haven't got any money and both our parents have got f**king loads and don't even need it because they're all retired - and we need a f**king holiday. Don't they know we want to go Cyprus? They should hurry up and pay for it".

Both are saying the same thing. One is a factual statement and the other is blunt, rude and would make you look like a spoilt twunt. But do you honestly not think they are different?

In your scenario, yes they're different, but I'm not comparing someone politely liking a striker with the OP's post. Obviously you and I would like a new striker, we all would, its the most exciting signing that is ever made in any season. But I'm comparing all the many many posts demanding a striker 'NOW or we're effin' doomed and what the hell are the club doing looking at defenders, don't they know we need a striker, and if they don't spend the White cash on a striker they're asking for relegation, because all the strikers we already have are complete shite' crowd. If the intention behind the statement is the same, its the same. I suppose I'm just trying not to single this guy out as the obnoxious one when there are hundreds of posts on this board saying much the same

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have only read the opening childish rant. How the **** has this thread got to 66 posts?

Help me out here, is it worth wading through?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In your scenario, yes they're different, but I'm not comparing someone politely liking a striker with the OP's post. Obviously you and I would like a new striker, we all would, its the most exciting signing that is ever made in any season. But I'm comparing all the many many posts demanding a striker 'NOW or we're effin' doomed and what the hell are the club doing looking at defenders, don't they know we need a striker, and if they don't spend the White cash on a striker they're asking for relegation, because all the strikers we already have are complete shite' crowd. If the intention behind the statement is the same, its the same. I suppose I'm just trying not to single this guy out as the obnoxious one when there are hundreds of posts on this board saying much the same

I think you have a point. Some posters won’t go as far as calling out Tony but the underlying message is the same.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So no one allowed an opinion and no one can voice an opinion anymore, you complete and utter dick. You think of bloom like the Thai monarchy, not allowed to have a little pop just because he's been great and still is.

What a tiresome prat.

You do realise the BHAFC has no money. It as a business posted huge debts.

Everything we get is basically the gift of one man who owes the club and especially twunts like you, the square root of f*** all.

Get your cheque book out numptey.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Respectfully when I first read the OP’s opening message I too thought it’s probably a wind-up and if not, misguided and plainly a bit silly.

What has bemused me more is the the fact some people feel SO MORTALLY OFFENDED by the comment and have engaged in this furious backlash (along with pretty unsavoury insults) when ultimately it’s just a guy’s comment on a chat message board.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Get your bloody chequebook out and buy some bloody players, I can't stand this waiting anymore. We are getting rid of everyone and nothing entering the building, wtf is going on

In answer to your question :

YOU are the one that’s going on.

In addition, if you can’t stand the waiting try standing on Barnham station platform in mid-winter for the train that’s never going to arrive. :wave:

All the above is valid unless of course you are on some weirdo wind up, which of course makes it an even more embarrassing thread.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
Respectfully when I first read the OP’s opening message I too thought it’s probably a wind-up and if not, misguided and plainly a bit silly.

What has bemused me more is the the fact some people feel SO MORTALLY OFFENDED by the comment and have engaged in this furious backlash (along with pretty unsavoury insults) when ultimately it’s just a guy’s comment on a chat message board.

Um, play with fire and all that . . .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why so? it's an honest question that needs answering in my opinion.
Really? Which parts?

Get your bloody chequebook out and buy some bloody players, I can't stand this waiting anymore. We are getting rid of everyone and nothing entering the building, wtf is going on

Is your assertion that Bloom hasn't spent any money or signed any players?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
I would just say that we all knew white was going all summer and still not got the area where we really need strengthening. Saints sorted there’s in under a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No - Saints THINK they’ve sorted it in under a week. Any club can buy any player very quickly, easy-peasy. The problem occurs when the signed player isn’t of the quality required.

We’ll find out soon enough.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

If you consider we need some additional players you could not have put it over any worse. Down right rude and disrespectful to Tony Bloom. Surprised a comment like that has not been removed.
I personally think our recruitment department that Barber has said many times is very good has been very poor as far as strikers is concerned and unlike Brentfords dealings nearly all are worth less after 1/2 seasons with us. We have 4/5 strikers on books and while am sure Bloom will support an addition this may well depend on unloading all or some of Andone Locardia and Connolly. I find it harder to understand how we played most of last season with a CB at FB and have still not got someone in. Again my criticism is to recruitment dept not Tony Bloom

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really? Which parts?

Is your assertion that Bloom hasn't spent any money or signed any players?

I'm not necessarily saying that l agreed with the OP's opinion, what l am saying however is that he is entitled to his view, and that he shouldn't be vilified for it.

This board is all about opinions after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here