[Albion] Bloom Calls Emergency Board Meeting This Week

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’ve been a guest in the board room on match day, courtesy of one of the board

……..as have a number of people but thankfully you are respectful and don't come spouting off on here about what was said and done by those who were kind enough to invite you.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Can you imagine the length of the MINUTES if Barber is speaking?

No wonder there was recently a vacancy for an assistant club secretary.

giphy-downsized.gif

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Meeting notes.

9am.

Bloom: Welcome gentlemen. What's on the agenda, Barbs?

Bloom: Barbs, mate, you're on mute.

Barber: Sorry, sorry! Ok, let's start with THIS...

Premier-League-Table-Football-BBC-Sport.png

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
According to a regularly reliable sauce.

I hope it's to approve funds for January and not the other thing....

Messi contract allows him to talk to.other clubs from 1 Jan 2021, prior to leaving on free at the end of this season!!

Oh well we can dream...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
More likely a 'board meeting'....without the 'emergency' ('additional' perhaps).......:shrug: As you say, plenty going on for them to discuss - finances, upcoming window, Covid, current form, ground expansion and covid STH ticket allocation (I'd also add lack of a breakfast pie at a 12.00 kick off myself but I'm not in charge) :rolleyes:

Will be genuinely staggered if he sacks Potter. Far more likely to come out with a strong statement backing him.

New ten year contract :whistle:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
How so? A guest in the Boardroom I mean?

On the Millwall occasion, two of my three sons and I were guests of Derek Chapman and his wife. She very kindly invited us because the first time I was invited into the boardroom on matchday by Robert Comer, there were only 3 spaces available, so one of my sons missed out, and being an absolute diamond, when she heard about this, she sensed how it must feel to be the lad who missed out, and straight up offered an invite to a future fixture. All very nice people.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
……..as have a number of people but thankfully you are respectful and don't come spouting off on here about what was said and done by those who were kind enough to invite you.

Quite....

Anyway, being in the room where board meetings are held is a bit different from being ‘invited to the boardroom’ implying there was a meeting going on [emoji2369]

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's a meeting to decide how Barber should respond to the email Swansman sent him that summarised the ideas from NSCers on the improvements needed from the team

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I don’t think any trade secrets have been shared here. I’ve simply reported a heated discussion took place 6 years ago, and not quoted anyone or anything, which resulted in a departure we all new about 6 years ago. Sorry if anyone thinks that’s a breach of trust. It could have been construed as such if I shared that insight the day after, but, six years?!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I was a guest in the boardroom for the fateful home defeat to Millwall, and witnessed a colossal and noisy post match disagreement between Tony and Burke in the trophy/ante room to the boardroom. Burke was gone xx days later that was, can’t remember exactly, a few days, maybe a week. But it was ferocious. I have a photo of the two them sharing a post match cuppa, shortly before TB invited him ‘out for chat’....
You also said you heard a massive row the night we failed to sign Vincent Janssen.

Are the disagreements common ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don’t think any trade secrets have been shared here. I’ve simply reported a heated discussion took place 6 years ago, and not quoted anyone or anything, which resulted in a departure we all new about 6 years ago. Sorry if anyone thinks that’s a breach of trust. It could have been construed as such if I shared that insight the day after, but, six years?!

your response to a simple question about the date David Burke was sacked was quite dramatic (I think you used the words ferocious, noisy and colossal to describe a row) that some might have interpreted as "look at me".

Regardless of the time lapse TB is still our owner/chairman and presumably doesn't expect those like you in a privileged position to broadcast how he conducts his business.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Bloom is a ruthless tough business man and a fan any one that thinks he will not sack Potter if he thinks we will go down with him in charge I think is wrong

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm very tempted to type "Yawn" as I'm intrigued as to the credibility of your "sauce" but I'm hoping you are right.
Why "sauce" for "source" and "sings" for "signs" is beyond me? It's not funny as far as I can see,please could someone enlighten me or am I due a whooshing :shrug: (whatever that is) :shrug:

Writing sings instead of signs is obviously hilarious.
Take for example, “Bissouma sings for Brighton”.
It’s funny because he doesn’t sing at all.
Are you not entertained?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here