Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom Calls Emergency Board Meeting This Week

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Traditionally managers who have been sacked after Christmas the club tends to get relegated. Before you have a fighting chance still don’t believe it will happen for better or for worse.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
....AND overheard it at the Martlet's Cafe in Burgess Hill. :wink:

More likely to be in here

4B3CBCD1-0BBF-4F08-8AAA-57460AA990B3.jpeg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was a guest in the boardroom for the fateful home defeat to Millwall, and witnessed a colossal and noisy post match disagreement between Tony and Burke in the trophy/ante room to the boardroom. Burke was gone xx days later that was, can’t remember exactly, a few days, maybe a week. But it was ferocious. I have a photo of the two them sharing a post match cuppa, shortly before TB invited him ‘out for chat’....

of course this could be bull shit but I suspect there's an element of truth in it, however disingenuous. Strange way to repay (ultimately) TB's hospitality and Boardroom invitation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
TB picks his friends and colleagues very carefully, rewards them well and expects and deserves their loyalty. Why on earth one of these trusted allies would breach that trust and tell you, or tell someone who then tells you, I don't know. Mischief making I presume.

However given that the Board will not get together until the Arsenal match it's no great surprise that TB will want to meet beforehand (at the Little Chef on the A23?).

Amended for you!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, even if the thread title is true, which it might not be, I suspect with Covid going mad again, a transfer window coming up and Bloom having to decide if he can or can't go to and come back from Australia as he normally does, there would be plenty to talk about wouldn't there?

Even as an "out" voter in the managerial poll I don't actually expect Tony to get rid of Potter - very far from it. And, if he did, I would have expected the decision to have been made yesterday and carried out today, a la Hughton.

I agree with all this.

I also doubt that he is about to pour more money into the club. There's somewhat of a global recession underway and no certainty that football will retain its ability to bring in eye-watering amounts of money.

I would imagine he is holding a 'WTAF is going on?' meeting, and a 'WTAF are you, as my management team, going to do about it!?' meeting.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I was a guest in the boardroom for the fateful home defeat to Millwall, and witnessed a colossal and noisy post match disagreement between Tony and Burke in the trophy/ante room to the boardroom. Burke was gone xx days later that was, can’t remember exactly, a few days, maybe a week. But it was ferocious. I have a photo of the two them sharing a post match cuppa, shortly before TB invited him ‘out for chat’....

How so? A guest in the Boardroom I mean?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought we'd all agreed that Hyppia wasn't sacked...?

That's correct. Hyypia resigned. The board felt that the underlying stats showed that Sami was going to come good. The same is being said by many on here for GP.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm very tempted to type "Yawn" as I'm intrigued as to the credibility of your "sauce" but I'm hoping you are right.
Why "sauce" for "source" and "sings" for "signs" is beyond me? It's not funny as far as I can see,please could someone enlighten me or am I due a whooshing :shrug: (whatever that is) :shrug:

It's NSC's equivalent of Mrs Brown's Boys. It's not actually funny but enough people engage with it that it has become mainstream.
But a bit like Mrs Brown's Boys you can choose to ignore it and let the contributors engage in their unique style of humour.

But it is funny

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
PB is presenting a summary of his emails on the ballot system, with the board deciding how long the ban should be for any supporter who has complained that it's not fair, or there must be a better way of doing things.

This is believed likely to resolve the issue with all but 2,000 ST holders being banned, so that going forward all remaining ST holders are in tier 1 and guaranteed a ticket.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wasn't Sami Hyypia sacked two days before Christmas?

No. He resigned. Tony didn't want him to go, which is why he came back from the med (and sacked the bloke who had failed to keep Hyppia 'happy').

Edit: beaten to it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

in what capacity and invited by whom?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
in what capacity and invited by whom?

Whilst I can't confirm that the argument that [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] describes took place, I can confirm that he was a guest in the boardroom that day as I saw him myself. I was in there briefly post-match myself as a part of a tour with the match sponsors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here