Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom Calls Emergency Board Meeting This Week

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Maybe PB and GP are going to tell us customers that we should expect to not win another game and we should consider ourselves fortunate to have even got a point against a world beating team on Sunday and similarly thankful for Wed.

As a result GP has been handed a new 10 year contract that will remain effective even if we are relegated into L2.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
‘A regularly reliable source’ care to say what other things this source has correct ...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
According to a regularly reliable sauce.

I hope it's to approve funds for January and not the other thing....

Bloom does not need to call an emergency board meeting to fire anyone, he can just do it, I doubt anyone else other than him, Ashcroft and Barber have any input that actually counts on who is manager, and they do not need a board meeting to decide or act on that.

So I smell bullshite....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bloom does not need to call an emergency board meeting to fire anyone, he can just do it, I doubt anyone else other than him, Ashcroft and Barber have any input that actually counts on who is manager, and they do not need a board meeting to decide or act on that.

So I smell bullshite....
Your correct Barber had no idea Hughton was getting sacked, he was as surprised as anyone.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Wasn’t David Burke sacked on a Christmas Eve?

I was a guest in the boardroom for the fateful home defeat to Millwall, and witnessed a colossal and noisy post match disagreement between Tony and Burke in the trophy/ante room to the boardroom. Burke was gone xx days later that was, can’t remember exactly, a few days, maybe a week. But it was ferocious. I have a photo of the two them sharing a post match cuppa, shortly before TB invited him ‘out for chat’....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Well, even if the thread title is true, which it might not be, I suspect with Covid going mad again, a transfer window coming up and Bloom having to decide if he can or can't go to and come back from Australia as he normally does, there would be plenty to talk about wouldn't there?

Even as an "out" voter in the managerial poll I don't actually expect Tony to get rid of Potter - very far from it. And, if he did, I would have expected the decision to have been made yesterday and carried out today, a la Hughton.

I'm on the same page.....plus, my slight concern (IF the thread title is true) is that the prospect of a further prolonged Covid-related absence of fans, and possibly other concerns, means that funds may be getting tight.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In honour of Ben's Grandad it has been decided that we have NO-ONE that can play at Left Back and we will just have to accept this as the reason we are plummeting to non-league status.

BG would have known the reason for the meeting because he would have heard it at the match on Sunday, whilst talking to someone when he was getting a Pie and Bovril:)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Your correct Barber had no idea Hughton was getting sacked, he was as surprised as anyone.

I know someone who knew, who is a friend of Tony's but has no interest in football, and although I had seen him several times on the build up to Houghtons sacking he never told me. That is how it should be...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never put too much faith in an organisation with a top-heavy management/recruitment/coaching structure. Two-thirds of those will invariably be surplus to requirements. Time to refocus the wage bill on the core activity maybe?

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
‘A regularly reliable source’ care to say what other things this source has correct ...

He says that when I start fidgeting, drumming my fingers, dancing around and singing, he knows it's only a matter of minutes until I run off for a sh1t.

He is almost always right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here