Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody ticket office phone system

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Just been trying to phone up and book my ticket for the FA Cup replay and get through to the recorded message which says press 2 for tickets, I press number 2 and the f***ing thing just hangs up on me. No wonder our attendances are dropping when you can't actually buy a bloody ticket.

Been trying all day and get the same bloody thing.

Ok rant over.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
yep.. had that for the last 3 hours! Finally on hold now...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
not even gonna bother trying today

imagine what it would be like if we were expecting a crowd

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Imagine what would happen when we get Falmer....

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I was waiting about 30-40 seconds after pressing '2' and thought it had hung up, but then I got the 'we're v busy but your call is important' message and went into the queue. About 5 mins later I got through.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I am still getting disconnected everytime I hit 2. Absolutely ridiculous. Good enough reason for me to keep renewing my season ticket so I only have to contend with this once in a blue moon.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I had to hold for about 20 minutes - it does sound like its disconnected, but then it'll beep and you'll get a message telling you that you're moving up the queue. Anyway, I'll be in my usual seat for the replay.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I found that last week. I find it asbolutely INCREDIBLE that everyone around the club is concerned with attendances yet the cannot properly man the phones to take orders for tickets! There is no excuse for it in my opinion, somebody somewhere has to be at fault

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I found that last week. I find it asbolutely INCREDIBLE that everyone around the club is concerned with attendances yet the cannot properly man the phones to take orders for tickets! There is no excuse for it in my opinion, somebody somewhere has to be at fault

I usually don't bother phoning, and only did so on this occasion because they weren't inviting postal applications.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...........can the club go back to the wonderful dustbin-outside-the-ground method of ticketing? The was proper Mickey Mouse.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

I wonder what Kerry Mayo and Charlie Oatway are doing at the moment??

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it will be hell if we get a BIG draw in the third round, should we make it that far

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why the club can't sort this out, is beyond me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went into the office to buy my tickets for both JPT and replay about 1215 and there was 3 people working on the ticket sales all had telephone headsets on and were talking to people, they then answered people standing at the counter as and when they had finished their call, presumably selling tickets, as the machines at each telephone point were punching out tickets constantly. So it is not all the fault of the ticket office staff. It could be argued that perhaps they need more selling points but taking into account the costs involved wiould that be a viable proposition.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I went into the office to buy my tickets for both JPT and replay about 1215 and there was 3 people working on the ticket sales all had telephone headsets on and were talking to people, they then answered people standing at the counter as and when they had finished their call, presumably selling tickets, as the machines at each telephone point were punching out tickets constantly. So it is not all the fault of the ticket office staff. It could be argued that perhaps they need more selling points but taking into account the costs involved wiould that be a viable proposition.

Of FFS, look, this is not a one off, it happens all the time. What ever the actual problem is, whether it be too few terminals, not enough staff or whatever, they have had plenty of time to sort it out.

I can only assume that Dick Is to Tight to resolve this.

As for Falmer, I think they are pinning their hopes on this new fangled electronic ticket thing.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Surely when busy they should just answer the phone, take a phone number and offer to call you back when things die down. Simple

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To anybody with the smallest amount of brain it was obvious that the first day of trading after the match which caused the replay, it would be manic in the ticket office. The sensibkle thing would have been to write your applications on Saturday night so that they caught the first class post on Sunday thus arriving today or if you live near put an application through the door over the weekend.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
To anybody with the smallest amount of brain it was obvious that the first day of trading after the match which caused the replay, it would be manic in the ticket office. The sensibkle thing would have been to write your applications on Saturday night so that they caught the first class post on Sunday thus arriving today or if you live near put an application through the door over the weekend.

CO said they were not taking postal applications

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here