Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody ticket office phone system

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
f***ing hell, some right moaning going on here tonight. Why does this always happen for cup games, next thing you know an NSCer will be in the ticket office accusing them of ruining christmas........

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
f***ing hell, some right moaning going on here tonight. Why does this always happen for cup games, next thing you know an NSCer will be in the ticket office accusing them of ruining christmas........

It took me three attempts and over an HOUR to get tickets for last weeks league game with an attendance of less than 5000, of which the majority were season ticket holders and already had a ticket. I don't blame the staff, just think it could be run a lot better!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought that if a person was made redundant you could not fill the vacancy created for some considerable time. So how or why did they make any of the ticket office staff redundant.

Easier than you think, just change the name of the job

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I got through yesterday evening in the end having tried on and off for about 6 hours. Its not the time to get through that I mind its the fact that whenm I pressed number two it just hung up on, that means the system is obviously flawed becasue everyone who makes it to that point should go into the queue or at least get a message saying we ar ebusy please call back later. No I got the BT message saying "The other person has hung up" Nice, Very professional.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Someone should print this thread off and post it to Dick Tight, no good trying to call him up about it, you won't get through :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ticket Office Delays
Posted on: Tue 13 Nov 2007

The club is aware that Gold members are experiencing delays when contacting the Ticketline to reserve their tickets for the upcoming Johnstone's Paints Trophy and FA Cup matches with Cheltenham.

The club would like to apologise for this difficulty, which has been caused by the volume of demand for both matches.
:lol:
In order to try and alleviate this situation, Gold members may now email the club at sally.townsend@bhafc.co.uk, and a member of staff will then call them back to process the ticket application as soon as possible.

In addition, Gold members will now have until 5pm on Wednesday 14th November to guarantee their usual seat for the FA Cup first round replay.

Tickets will then go on general sale from Thursday 15th November.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~1166878,00.html

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just got mine for the FA Cup Replay. Took about fifteen minutes to get through - just had to leave it on speakerphone.

That said, the guy that took the order was friendly and efficient. We just need more phones....

Actually, surely the real answer is to sort out the online side of things. Should be possible to enter season ticket/away member details and purchase like that for every match. I'm no technical bod, but I imagine an automated internet system could handle a huge number of transactions simulatenously? That would free up the phones for the Luddites :D

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
The problem is that the system will not allow you to book a specified seat but will only give you best seat in a particular area. This is the same as most other on line booking systems. Therefore it cannot be used for season ticket holders reserving their seats for a cup match.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The problem is that the system will not allow you to book a specified seat but will only give you best seat in a particular area. This is the same as most other on line booking systems. Therefore it cannot be used for season ticket holders reserving their seats for a cup match.

Precisely! But that's what they need to sort out.. surely the technology is out there somewhere....

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
But when I renewed my season ticket for this season I did it online for the same seat. How come it works for a ST renewal and not for a cup match?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If you can go in person to the ticket office, do so. They will serve you as soon as they have finished the call they are on. I got tickets for both Cheltenham games and Orient away and was in and out in five minutes.

I appreciate this isn't much use to a lot of people, however!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If you E mail the club as suggested and they ring you back, you will be able to book the same seat as you have normally if a season ticklet holder, because that seat will not be offered to anybody else until the date for applying has passed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Ha ha ha thats hilarious i,e high volumes:lol:

The club are so second rate its unreal:nono:its either you want to sell tickets or you don't end of,obviously they don't and no wonder crowds are crap.:rolleyes:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I called in at lunchtime today for my cup replay tickets. There were three people working flat out answering phones and serving people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here