Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody ticket office phone system

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
I found that last week. I find it asbolutely INCREDIBLE that everyone around the club is concerned with attendances yet the cannot properly man the phones to take orders for tickets! There is no excuse for it in my opinion, somebody somewhere has to be at fault

Tried on and off all day ...had to give up as at work...whats the point of saying Gold members only today if they cant service the demand...:rant:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
That will cost the club though, so they wont do that.

It would cost them less than losing out on ticket sales.

They could even use other staff within the club to do the call backs, log the ticket request on paper and process them when the phone lines close.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
been trying to get a ticket for Wednesday didn't realise the replay tickets went on sale today so that might explain something. Still pretty crap system why can't i just get em on t'internet like i usually do

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am going over to do mine in person tomorrow.

Will probably be a bit quieter once the season ticket holders have their tickets.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ticket system is a total disgrace. As a STH I don't use it very often, but the whole thing is a complete and utter farce. I phoned at 9.30. pressed 2 got some options and then one minute later was told that the office was closed, not opening until 10am.

I then got through later and was on hold for fifteen minutes. Staff were polite and helpful as ever, no complaints ever with the staff, but the system is crap. I also think it is shameful that as a season ticket holder we are charged a booking fee for claiming our ticket for a cup game. Flippin joke.

There is also still widespread confusion over whether three year season ticket holders get their cup ticket free or not. Even on ask the club there were different answers given. One mate I know says it is free the other thinks not. I've no flippin idea.

And why the f*** the Gold, Blue and White membership. Its not exactly friendly to anyone who is thinking of buying for the first time. Fine it works at Arsenal but they have a huge demand.

Why the f*** can't they sort this mess out. Buying tickets should be bloody simple. Its not rocket science.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
one cou;ld mention making experienced ticket office staff redundant at this point...but hey

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
I live in Scotland and wanted a ticket for the Doncaster Away game. I rang up last Saturday and the message says they don't do away tickets by phone and I need to apply in person or by post.

So its back to the old snail mail. We need to be in the 20th century let alone the
21st!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
one cou;ld mention making experienced ticket office staff redundant at this point...but hey

Instead of making them redundant they should have got rid of some of the wasters in the team....IE... Mayo..Hart...Gatting...and so-on..why do we keep them if they are not part of the 1st team picture anymore ????
and the money saved by making the ticket staff redundant was probably peanuts anyway...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I live in Scotland and wanted a ticket for the Doncaster Away game. I rang up last Saturday and the message says they don't do away tickets by phone and I need to apply in person or by post.

So its back to the old snail mail. We need to be in the 20th century let alone the
21st!

dont get me started on that bollocks

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I went into the office to buy my tickets for both JPT and replay about 1215 and there was 3 people working on the ticket sales all had telephone headsets on and were talking to people, they then answered people standing at the counter as and when they had finished their call, presumably selling tickets, as the machines at each telephone point were punching out tickets constantly. So it is not all the fault of the ticket office staff. It could be argued that perhaps they need more selling points but taking into account the costs involved wiould that be a viable proposition.

Blimey, were you standing behind me. I was in there at that time and you are quite right about the people who are there doing everything they could. There were two problems, firstly not enough of them and second, having to argue with people on the phones who were ringing expecting "free" tickets because they were 3 years season ticket holders and this is what it supposedly says on their tickets.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey, were you standing behind me. I was in there at that time and you are quite right about the people who are there doing everything they could. There were two problems, firstly not enough of them and second, having to argue with people on the phones who were ringing expecting "free" tickets because they were 3 years season ticket holders and this is what it supposedly says on their tickets.

If you were a short fellow standing to the left of the ticket office then yes I was.

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
Tried to get JPT ticket online tonight, for some reason this cannot be done, will have to ring up after 10.00 amt tomorrow, what other company that wants to remain in business leaves it until 10.00 before they bother to open up?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
is it any wonder the crowds are shit when you have to go through all this to get a ticket

so they are not selling jpt tickets on line and the phone lines are clocked up with sth holders trying to buy tickets for the fa cup?

what a joke,then they will moan when the crowd is about a 1200 on wednesday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps they should have started selling replay tickets on Thursday. Or kept 1 line free just to deal with JPT tickets as I am sure that there will not be a lot more of those sold now.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Tried to get JPT ticket online tonight, for some reason this cannot be done, will have to ring up after 10.00 amt tomorrow, what other company that wants to remain in business leaves it until 10.00 before they bother to open up?
if they only have 2 terminals as they keep claimimg why can't they extend the hours the ticket office is open on a thursday,friday and at times like this when they are trying to sell tickets for 2 cup games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here