Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody bastards

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sorry to hear about this TLO. I was burgled a couple of years ago and it is a f***ing shitty feelilng.

:(

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Biscuit said:
bhanutz,

Did you just accuse Yorkie of "again" giving out crap advice? Have you got an example of her crap advice, as I'd very much like to see it! Yorks gives the best advice on here by a mile, FACT.

Besides, if someone is trying to help out another, labelling what there saying as "crap" is a tad harsh isn't it.

who asked you soggy?

Anyway, I didnt have to provide photo's or receipts for my stuff! FACT!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Most burglars are opportunists, they are generally after something they can flog quickly, with the minimum risk, to get enough cash to score.

Contrary to popular myth, they don't generally tend to target widescreen TVs, DVD players and PCs, because they're too cumbersome and are likely to attract attention if you're seen walking along the road with one. They go for stuff that's pocketable and easy to sell quickly- DVDs, CDs, Playstation games, jewellery and cash. They're less likely to steal your credit cards because there's a much higher risk of being caught using them.

Most burglaries happen during the day, again contrary to people's fears, because burglars know you're are likely to be out at work. Sorry to say this, but if you live in a basement flat, or have a basement level entrance to your home, it's very attractive to a burglar because they can't be easily seen from the street if they're smashing a window or kicking the door in. Get an alarm and lighting. UPVC doors, incidentally, are an absolute bastard to kick in- most burglars won't bother with your UPVC door if there's a nice old wooden one next door.

The thing about security marking your stuff- I would seriously encourage you to do it. Not because it'll stop it getting nicked, but because the police frequently find people's property during searches of the homes of known shi...I mean burglars, after they've been nicked.

The problem we have is that if we find an iPod, say, or a Sony laptop, we can't always prove it doesn't belong to the said burglar, or even that it's stolen. If we can prove it's stolen, and even better, who it belongs to, then the individual can be interviewed and hopefully charged in relation to your burglary, and maybe others, in addition to whatever they were nicked for.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I got a tv back after one of my burglaries because I had marked it with ultra violet pen. It also meant that my particular burglary could be pinned down to that villain as well as all the other stuff. He got 5 years for his trouble/

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
bhanutz said:
who asked you soggy?

Anyway, I didnt have to provide photo's or receipts for my stuff! FACT!

Look sonny, you're heading the right way for a CRUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE!

I like to pitch in with my opinion, especially when it relevent to a debate.. it's more fun that way, it beats personal insults. :wave:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Biscuit said:
Look sonny, you're heading the right way for a CRUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE!

I like to pitch in with my opinion, especially when it relevent to a debate.. it's more fun that way, it beats personal insults. :wave:

personal insults?

pull yourself together!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not unsurprisingly, the bloody bastards came back last night - or at least someone did.

Thankfully our defences held, but I think they were specifically targetting one thing.

You can't f***ing rest up for one minute, can you?

D

Deleted User X18H

fcuking bastards - c*unts I hope for what ever reason these people do these things eventually causes them so much misery.

Good luck with your insurance claim insist on an indepdent assesor as soon as possible.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bloody hell, TLO. In all seriousness have you considered CCTV? A friend in Tongdean has got it, wasn't half as expensive as you'd expect and has already caught out two attempts in 15 months.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nothing taken - the lock which we put on the back was forced. This leads on to a forecourt next to the garage. They jemmied open the window on the side of the garage, but I don't suppose could see anything, or there was too much clutter in the way for them to have done something quietly.

Nothing to claim for - especially as the previous insurance claim took five months to settle. And that was without any quibbles from them.

Not unsurprisingly, the bloody bastards came back last night - or at least someone did.

Thankfully our defences held, but I think they were specifically targetting one thing.

You can't f***ing rest up for one minute, can you?

Perhaps you should get a nice cuddly MUTT to take care of biznizz while you are out of the house.

There's always the trusty beartrap though, if you really want to get even.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Seven garden walls were kicked down this weekend in my road, including my two next door neighbours, both of whom are elderly ladies on their own, who I've tried to help out. They really dont need the cost or aggravation! I'm seriously considering a 'neighbourhood watch' type organisation where my road clubs in and pays for a security guard to walk up and down fri and sat night 12 - 5am, as the police knock off at 10pm round here (which even THEY say is ridiculous!).
Ten hours a week couldn't be that expensive surely, especially in light of the cost of the damage and annoyance that these gits are causing?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry for your loss TLO, why do I get visions of rusty blunt razor blades doing 'useful' acts ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here