Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloke Asking The Club For Air Con In WSU

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps the next time a subject arises that you know sod all about, you'll think twice about going for the cheap laugh.

Sorry, for THPP its all about the cheap laugh every time. Well, for the less-than-zero importance topics anyways :shrug:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The problem will sort itself naturally as the summer passes, and there probably isn't going to be much the club can or will do. But it certainly didn't deserve the mocking received on this thread

Jan 30, 2008
While it is a bit of an unnecessary moan, I think he was talking about the concourses, not the stand itself. Because of the glass frontage, it does have a bit of a conservatory effect in the afternoon sun, and with several thousand people milling about (especially after a hike up however many flights of stairs) it has got uncomfortably warm a couple of times.

Me, I just took my jacket off and went and sat in my seat, which was pleasantly cool, but it would put me off hanging around in the WSU somewhat if that wasn't an option (like after the game).

But hey ho, we'll probably be grateful come winter. Don't you just KNOW that now we've got a roof and undersoil heating, this winter is going to be the driest, mildest on record?
:rolleyes:
you were wearing a jacket :shrug:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I walked yesterday from Woodingdean and I was a sweaty MESS by the time I reached Village Way.

Climbing up the the WSU didn't really help me cool off and it was like a sauna in there but I did think, that its August - we don't get many hot days during the football season and come winter, it'll be quite nice so next time, if I walk, I'll dispense with the T-shirt and wear a VEST and shorts instead.

It's also warm out in the WSU seats at the moment - now that really will be nice in the winter

Maybe if the club renamed the concourse 'Club Tropicanna' then everyone would turn up suitably dressed?

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
The problem will sort itself naturally as the summer passes, and there probably isn't going to be much the club can or will do. But it certainly didn't deserve the mocking received on this thread
This.

I'm in the East Stand (and I felt like I'd been irradiated yesterday, it was that hot in the direct sun), but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the Ops comments.

Shame some intolerant people with an "I'm alright Jack" attitude have to get in the way of a genuine opinion/concern… :nono:

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
In the East stand, we had to go to concourse at half time to cool down. I was cooking yesterday.

Have to admit, I was drooling, looking at the pop up sprinklers at half time. Couldn they let us all on for a 2 minute Mike Reid style "runaround" under the sprinklers.

Not moaning though, as I still bloody loved it!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Definitely with Titus on this one, but then I am obsessed with having an air flow. I sleep with my window open during winter (no, I shall not tell you where I live).

Anything that can be done to avoid this sort of thing gets my vote. The North Stand was rather warm. It made me drink three pints as opposed to the two I had planned for.

nufcfatfans275-759356.jpg

newcastle-pic.jpg

Whilst we are at it, can shops stop blasting me with hot air on arrival? Makes me feel incredibly nauseous. I happy with naturally hot air, but not manufactured temperatures of that level.

Best of luck to all those planning on catching a game in Qatar. Nice one Sepp.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
It was like a green house in wsu on saturday but people will be complaining its too cold up there come december so we`re gonna have to put up with it.

Just wished theyd stop watering that bloody pitch so they stop slipping over all the 1st half, could have sprayed some up our end! (Oooh, missus!)

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. It might have been a wee bit warm yesterday, but that's yer lot too-hot-moan-wise for the entire season. Looking forward to you being first in line to moan about the lack of WSU central heating in the Winter. :thumbsup:

Sorry mate, you're actually embarrassing yourself yu have clearly not been in the WSU concourse. It was fricking boiling Saturday- the air con was pumping out hot air, it's getting a bit ridiculous up there....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here