Blaney Deal is Off

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Where on the official site?

ActonSeagull

Aug 28, 2006
I promise it was on the site a second ago - showed a picture of Blaney in training and a statement saying that Blaney deal is off due to not being able to agree length of contract - and that as a result Sulivan will be on the bench tomorrow.

I have just checked again and it is no longer there - i promise Im not going mad - but dont know what happened - hopefully the posting was premature.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Perhaps Ben Roberts might re-sign for us?

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
Yorkie said:
Perhaps Ben Roberts might re-sign for us?

Great Shout

Spoke to one of the players last week and he reckoned that Ben was back to his best and that if Hendo went (coz it was a possibilioty even then) that Ben would make a great No.2

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
sully said:
He'd surely have to pay back his insurance money first?
But some say he's taken this money, some say he hasn't. I wish someone would say one way or another.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sully said:
He'd surely have to pay back his insurance money first?

Someone on this site who is a club employee has confirmed he didn't take his compensation from the PFA.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Man of Harveys said:
But some say he's taken this money, some say he hasn't. I wish someone would say one way or another.

I'm sure I've heard Guy say he never took the money, will have to ask him again!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If it is now off the official site, then perhaps there is a possibility that they have come to an agreement, fingers crossed.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Can't say I'm overly bothered about whether he signs or not. Martin and Sullivan are supposed to be good prospects so I don't see why we need to get another keeper in.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Curious Orange said:
Can't say I'm overly bothered about whether he signs or not. Martin and Sullivan are supposed to be good prospects so I don't see why we need to get another keeper in.

We dont need a good prospect though, we need someone to go straight into the team. Blayney or Roberts can do that.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
chez said:
We dont need a good prospect though, we need someone to go straight into the team. Blayney or Roberts can do that.

So Blayney who has not played for a few months due to back issues is ready for first team football?

Or even better, Ben Roberts who has not played competitive football since May 2004 is more than ready.

Admit it, you are actually McGhee.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Uncle Buck said:
So Blayney who has not played for a few months due to back issues is ready for first team football?

Or even better, Ben Roberts who has not played competitive football since May 2004 is more than ready.

Admit it, you are actually McGhee.

Yeah perhaps I could phrase that better. Blayney or Roberts can put realistic pressure on Kipper for the jersey. At the moment despite me thinking Sullivan is better than Kipper I dont think he or Martin can provide realistic pressure.

Edit : Oh and no Im not McGhee I have to work for my money! :lolol:

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Roberts stated himself in a three page article in the program less than a month ago, that HE DID NOT TAKE THE COMPO. Is that clear enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here