Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blaney Deal is Off

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
hans kraay fan club said:
Roberts stated himself in a three page article in the program less than a month ago, that HE DID NOT TAKE THE COMPO. Is that clear enough?

That being the case I would offer him a short term deal till the end of season. He will provide adequate cover if and when FDM is injured or fucks up again and allow Sullivan and Martin more time to learn their trade.

It would also enable him to assess his fitness psoition so everybody is a winner.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
A mate of mine is a Doncaster fan and reckons they were pleased to see the back of Blayney. The few games he played he was nothing special, then got himself done for drink driving and went on the sick with a septic arm. Apparently he seemed in no great hurry to get back to first team football and had a row with O'Driscoll who was of the opinion that he was a bit of a wet weekend.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
chez said:
Yeah perhaps I could phrase that better. Blayney or Roberts can put realistic pressure on Kipper for the jersey. At the moment despite me thinking Sullivan is better than Kipper I dont think he or Martin can provide realistic pressure.

Edit : Oh and no Im not McGhee I have to work for my money! :lolol:

How can he be a better keeper than Kuipers but not provide realistic pressure?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good news and if we need a keeper we can get an emergency loan.

Worry about a replacement next season.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Ernest said:
I can't wait until Kuipers messes up again and then what will we do

Well it will give YOU something else to WHINGE about for a start wont it! :p

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Race said:
Well it will give YOU something else to WHINGE about for a start wont it! :p

I never whinge , I only give my EDUCATED opinion which is always right such as

Colin Kazim Richards = the new Zamora and now his is scoring goals for FUN in the Premiership

And I confidently predict that Wayne Henderson will be in goal as Preston get promoted to the Premiership.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Ernest said:
And I confidently predict that Wayne Henderson will be in goal as Preston get promoted to the Premiership.

preston will never be in the top flight, and Henderson is not first-choice.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Ernest said:
I never whinge , I only give my EDUCATED opinion which is always right such as

Colin Kazim Richards = the new Zamora and now his is scoring goals for FUN in the Premiership

CKR - Yeah really prolific

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
IF Roberts is a real option, then why not? We've got nothing to loose. By his own admission he's not up to being a full time pro, so if he can train purely as cover for FDM and we offer him a pay as you play and train shceme, we've got nothing to loose - have we?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not sure the league would allow it with 2 other keepers on the books

The two other keepers wouldn't be an issue as both are youngsters neither have league experience and I am sure Martin is still out on loan somewhere.

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
With regards to Blayney, you'd be taking a gamble on him. At Donny he was always a fairly decent keeper, but one of his weaknesses was staying on his line at corners, and not really dealing with them. He doesn't make as many gaffs as some keepers, but nevertheless he'd be a risk.

There's also his social life, which was the reason for his downfall at Donny. Apparently when he was here, he liked a drink or twenty, and wasn't always the best driver you'd meet. It was really off-field issus involving drink and driving which resulted in him having his contract terminated.

If he can sort his social life out and get a start at a new club, he could go on to be a cracking signing for you, but you'd have to take that risk if you want him.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Rigoglioso said:
With regards to Blayney, you'd be taking a gamble on him. At Donny he was always a fairly decent keeper, but one of his weaknesses was staying on his line at corners, and not really dealing with them. He doesn't make as many gaffs as some keepers, but nevertheless he'd be a risk.

There's also his social life, which was the reason for his downfall at Donny. Apparently when he was here, he liked a drink or twenty, and wasn't always the best driver you'd meet. It was really off-field issus involving drink and driving which resulted in him having his contract terminated.

If he can sort his social life out and get a start at a new club, he could go on to be a cracking signing for you, but you'd have to take that risk if you want him.
hello m8 :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here