Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackberry picking

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
In Scotland in July (Perthshire especially) you can pick Raspberries for free by the side of the road.

For us tight-fisted fruitaholics it almost justifies a holiday there on its own.

PG

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
After you have been Blackberry picking, do you dream of blackberrys that night? or is that just me?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
blackberies? we get grapes in Shoreham-by-sea

just under 8lb picked from my back garden . . . . there's a gallon of wine brewing as I type :cool:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
when the apples are ready in the garden he will be making the classic.

PG

does anyone know when apples are ripe to be picked? got some beauties in the garden that have just taken on a red tinge to them. the enemy reckons they'll be ready by next week but wondered if there's any way you can tell.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Best way is to pick one, try it, and if it is too hard or too acidic, leave the rest for a few days until you try again.....

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
does anyone know when apples are ripe to be picked? got some beauties in the garden that have just taken on a red tinge to them. the enemy reckons they'll be ready by next week but wondered if there's any way you can tell.

The way I've found to tell if apples are ripe for the picking is to cup the apple in your hand and gently lift. If it comes away with minimal effort, they're ready. Any force needed, leave them beauties!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here