Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit of a poor Parade turn out really.

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I thought it was a pretty good turnout to be honest. I imagine there's a lot of people who didn't even know it was happening - I didn't until a lady at the train station told me on Friday night..

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Good turnout I thought and I got less abuse than I expected turning up in a Charlton top. A few "4-0"s and so forth, but all good natured. Kish (legend) said "hello Charlton" to me which makes any abuse worth suffering. Good luck next season you flairy bastards xx

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Looking down from up on the upper balcony, I'd say that the amount of space taken up was about the same side-to-side as the South Stand, and maybe a bit deeper (front to back). And everyone was hemmed in tighter.

In which case, I'd estimate about 7,000-8,000.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking down from up on the upper balcony, I'd say that the amount of space taken up was about the same side-to-side as the South Stand, and maybe a bit deeper (front to back). And everyone was hemmed in tighter.

In which case, I'd estimate about 7,000-8,000.

Didn't feel like that from the cheap seats. Felt more like 3,000-4,000 tops.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does it really matter how many attended? it sounds like all those that did had a great time.

As much as I hate the comment but "this"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was a shame that it wasn't on until late afternoon but there was an MG car rally on until 5pm so Madeira Drive wasn't free until then. From the top there looked to be masses and masses of people.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Perhaps the 5:30 to 7:30 time on a Sunday WAS TOO LATE for many people with younger kids, or longer journies within the Littlehampton-Horsham-Eastbourne-Hastings catchment.

As I pointed in the other thread, 5.30 was far too late, that's near the kids' bed-time. I'm not surprised the turnout was poor. And I bet Tano didn't do a Freddie Mercury impersonation like Bob Booker used to.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some of the happy throng...

P1040482.JPG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There being no trains running between Three Bridges and Brighton only bus replacement wouldnt have helped the numb ers. Didnt like the PA announcer and hope he isnt going to do it at The Amex. My favourite, but I dont know what he is doing now, was Richard Lindfield.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bollocks were there 20 thousand there :lol:

Good times though, everyone there was loving it. Players and staff included.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Those who mattered were there.
And if it's true that whoever it was on P.A, will be the announcer next season, then I've just had my first negative Falmer moment.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Those who mattered were there.
This!
And if it's true that whoever it was on P.A, will be the announcer next season, then I've just had my first negative Falmer moment.
Please God NO. Please tell us it ain't so, Tony. Awful, cringeworthy tw*t. People will be clambering to get Atilla back!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Does this just happen to me ...?

I got asked the Brighton score twice, on the way back from the parade yesterday.

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday, a family promotion party, before the main event, along with decent weather:thumbsup:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Even if we'd managed to get just 25 people to the parade, I still would see this as a great achievement when you consider Eastenders Omnibus was on the same day.

D

Deleted member 2719

Perhaps the 5:30 to 7:30 time on a Sunday WAS TOO LATE for many people with younger kids, or longer journies within the Littlehampton-Horsham-Eastbourne-Hastings catchment.

That's unfortunately the reason why the Mouldys didn't go.:down:

There is always next year.:banana::banana::banana:

Even if we'd managed to get just 25 people to the parade, I still would see this as a great achievement when you consider Eastenders Omnibus was on the same day.

Speaking of EastEnders, a group of other fans walking back in front of us spotted Whitney from EastEnders. They grabbed her and were singing "Whitney is a Seagull, Whitney is a Seagull lala la la"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here