Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit of a poor Parade turn out really.

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
On topic though it was an abysmal turn out, I reckon about 2/3 of next years season ticket holders didnt show up, on the plus side there were plenty of young kids.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thats nothing!!!! my wife was being groped and they fondled and everything!!! Mr Beach hut is a womaniser!!!!

Oh Edit...... I also know he offered to show her his BEACH HUT!!!!!

I've seen pictures of him kissing MEN though

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who was the Tall chap i saw you with, he did mention something about Dick Knight but i got confused as to what he meant

That was Gong. He was commenting - quite rightly - that Dick Knight's name seemed to be entirely missing from the proceedings. A mention in dispatches would have been nice.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Unfortunately some people had to work today and still am!! :down:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On topic though it was an abysmal turn out, I reckon about 2/3 of next years season ticket holders didnt show up, on the plus side there were plenty of young kids.

It was a weird time of day tho, to be fair. We're used to these kind of things taking place mid-morning when more folk are up and about, bright eyed and bushy tailed. All sorts of distractions that sap the will to attend a bus parade crop up by 5.30pm.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was Richie Reynolds on the PA

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
We went and enjoyed it. Say about 5,000?

The end of season was diluted over a very long period, with the promotion and then crowned CHAMPIONS so remarkably early. The celebrations / other happy occasions like the GullysGang Day, Dagenham (home), Walsall (away), Notts County (away) .... were spread unlike say a singular event cup final win.

Perhaps the 5:30 to 7:30 time on a Sunday WAS TOO LATE for many people with younger kids, or longer journies within the Littlehampton-Horsham-Eastbourne-Hastings catchment.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I thought it was a great event. Crowd numbers are difficult to judge but I thought it was a pretty good turnout. Charlie was on form & Gus & the players were loving it. Found myself getting a bit emotional - must be my age.

Sep 1, 2010
That was Gong. He was commenting - quite rightly - that Dick Knight's name seemed to be entirely missing from the proceedings. A mention in dispatches would have been nice.

Ah right, yeah okay. yes seemed a bit of a shame for sure. I am sure he will get his name and himself in the lights at the Amex though.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The end of season was diluted over a very long period, with the promotion and then crowned CHAMPIONS so remarkably early. The celebrations / other happy occasions like the GullysGang Day, Dagenham (home), Walsall (away), Notts County (away) .... were spread unlike say a singular event cup final win.
THIS

I need a holiday or two weeks recovery time in a deckchair at the county ground, Hove.

Its been brilliant, perhaps Walsall the highlight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Presumably already posted: Sky Sports said there were about 20,000 Brighton fans there.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I was still recovering from Nottingham so missed the parade. Poor excuse but there you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here