Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bissouma to Real Madrid

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I wouldnt be surprised to see Bissouma go in January. With Moder coming back into an already packed midfield with good players not getting a game, somebody will be off. Given that Moder is supposed to be a defensive midfielder maybe we already see him as a replacement. Maybe if one of these big clubs are interested, and if we have Moder lined up to replace Bissouma then we could see if the deal could involve a swap for a big name striker, someone who normally wouldnt be on our radar.

Regards to my previous post, if Real want him then we should swap him for Luka Jovic. I am aware of how unrealistic that is, but he could be on his way out there and if you dont ask you dont get.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Regards to my previous post, if Real want him then we should swap him for Luka Jovic. I am aware of how unrealistic that is, but he could be on his way out there and if you dont ask you dont get.

Sod that, Jeff Minton is only 46 (the ageless little sausage) and his wages would dwarf those of Jovic. It worked out with Zamora and Murray coming back so this one could have (little) legs too. Watch this space, Biss to Real, Jefferey back in the stripes where he belongs. Wee Gordon Strachan played Premier League midfield well into his 70s, so...

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Sod that, Jeff Minton is only 46 (the ageless little sausage) and his wages would dwarf those of Jovic. It worked out with Zamora and Murray coming back so this one could have (little) legs too. Watch this space, Biss to Real, Jefferey back in the stripes where he belongs. Wee Gordon Strachan played Premier League midfield well into his 70s, so...

Always thought Minton was a bit under rated tbf!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think it goes from "not really realistic but you never know..." in a summer transfer window to "completely unrealistic" in January if you are relegation threatened. Jovic does not want to play in the Championship and Brighton wouldnt want to sign a player that completely crushes the wage structure if relegation happens. A loan on the other hand with option/obligation to buy if relegation is avoided... that would be a wet dream. Not likely however.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We currently can't afford to release our best players, release the fringe players to make room for better in January.

I'm sure at some stage Biss, Lamptey and White will move on but now is not the right time.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
I think it goes from "not really realistic but you never know..." in a summer transfer window to "completely unrealistic" in January if you are relegation threatened. Jovic does not want to play in the Championship and Brighton wouldnt want to sign a player that completely crushes the wage structure if relegation happens. A loan on the other hand with option/obligation to buy if relegation is avoided... that would be a wet dream. Not likely however.

I agree Jovic is completely unrealistic, but I do think if a massive club is in for one of our players we should see if we can get one of their strikers to come to us. Not just Jovic, but any player at a club like that wont want to be a championship player next year, but if they've got a name for themselves then I reckon we could add a relegation clause where we agree to sell them for say 20million. If they have pedigree they would go for that sort of sum if we got relegated, so we'd get rid of big wages and have some money to replace them with. Alternatively if we stayed up we get to keep them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wouldnt be surprised to see Bissouma go in January. With Moder coming back into an already packed midfield with good players not getting a game, somebody will be off. Given that Moder is supposed to be a defensive midfielder maybe we already see him as a replacement. Maybe if one of these big clubs are interested, and if we have Moder lined up to replace Bissouma then we could see if the deal could involve a swap for a big name striker, someone who normally wouldnt be on our radar.

I would be surprised? Why sell Biss in Jan with our Premier Place on the line?

Would have to be a fantastic offer, and I’m sure the club would insist the deal would have to go through at end of the season. So yes I’d be incredibly surprised if this happened in January.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
I would be surprised? Why sell Biss in Jan with our Premier Place on the line?

Would have to be a fantastic offer, and I’m sure the club would insist the deal would have to go through at end of the season. So yes I’d be incredibly surprised if this happened in January.

I wouldnt agree with it but like I say the fact we have good midfielders not playing games, and we've just bought Moder back makes me think someone will go. I wouldnt be surprised if it was Biss given the level of speculation. In terms of selling in January, if you've got a replacement in place you might get better value as big clubs desperate to make the season a winning season might pay over the odds. Theres a sense to selling in January if you feel you have a good replacement. Like I say, I dont necessarily agree with it, I think it would be a gamble but it just wouldn't surprise me that's all.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wouldnt agree with it but like I say the fact we have good midfielders not playing games, and we've just bought Moder back makes me think someone will go. I wouldnt be surprised if it was Biss given the level of speculation. In terms of selling in January, if you've got a replacement in place you might get better value as big clubs desperate to make the season a winning season might pay over the odds. Theres a sense to selling in January if you feel you have a good replacement. Like I say, I dont necessarily agree with it, I think it would be a gamble but it just wouldn't surprise me that's all.

Yeah I think it’d be unfathomable to sell in January. Better value? Who cares when our status is at stake. Good replacement? For our best CM, don’t think so. If we need to let someone go? Proper, AJ, Bernardo, Izzy are all ahead in the queue to go.

I can’t see many positive reasons to sell in Jan, unless Biss downs tools but he doesn’t seem the type.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
Yeah I think it’d be unfathomable to sell in January. Better value? Who cares when our status is at stake. Good replacement? For our best CM, don’t think so. If we need to let someone go? Proper, AJ, Bernardo, Izzy are all ahead in the queue to go.

I can’t see many positive reasons to sell in Jan, unless Biss downs tools but he doesn’t seem the type.

I agree I think it would be a mistake to let him go in January. I think they only thing that might tempt me is if a big club, with players normally out of our reach were willing to swap us a good striker that we would otherwise have no chance of getting. But even that's unlikely, so it brings us back to the start, it wouldnt be a good idea to sell.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I could see one of the crown jewels going in Jan. We need to shuffle the pack and we need a better striker, while no one wants to see Biss in particular go we do have a ready made replacement coming in. Not ideal clearly but if we improve the team by losing one of our better players then it'll be an acceptable sacrifice...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I could see one of the crown jewels going in Jan. We need to shuffle the pack and we need a better striker, while no one wants to see Biss in particular go we do have a ready made replacement coming in. Not ideal clearly but if we improve the team by losing one of our better players then it'll be an acceptable sacrifice...

By ready made replacement you mean a guy who’s been playing in Poland with zero premier league experience?

I’m looking forward to Modor to, but he will need time.

Why are so many on NSC so eager to sell our best players whenever they’re linked to a bigger club? It’s a really odd phenomenon I’ve noted.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
By ready made replacement you mean a guy who’s been playing in Poland with zero premier league experience?

I’m looking forward to Modor to, but he will need time.

Why are so many on NSC so eager to sell our best players whenever they’re linked to a bigger club? It’s a really odd phenomenon I’ve noted.

Keen? Far from it but if it's the price of a decent striker then it has to be considered? We need a better striker it's the biggest problem we have right now. If we have the money to buy one great, but if not it might be a trade with making for the right man...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

I agree. Struggling team selling their best, most dynamic midfielder halfway through a season? That would be awful business in my eyes, unless Yves is getting very itchy feet and it becomes a Pogba-type situation.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There is a part of me thinking selling one of our top players in jan to plug the COVID financial gap could be something the club would do (I can almost visualise the Barber email explaining the financial position)

The other part of me hopes we would not be crazy enough to further gamble our PL safety by parting with our best players half way through the season

Selling Propper would make sense so fingers crossed if any midfielder is leaving for cash it is him

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

"Dear Real Madrid,

Thank you for your super offer for Yves Bissouma. We'd love to sell him to you, but at the moment he is just not available. However, we'd be quite happy to sell you Izquierdo, Bernardo or Jahanbakhsh, excellent players but not featuring much in our first team these days for various trivial reasons which I'm sure wouldn't stop them doing well for you in the Spanish league. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Love, Tony".

:facepalm:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
"Dear Real Madrid,

Thank you for your super offer for Yves Bissouma. We'd love to sell him to you, but at the moment he is just not available. However, we'd be quite happy to sell you Izquierdo, Bernardo or Jahanbakhsh, excellent players but not featuring much in our first team these days for various trivial reasons which I'm sure wouldn't stop them doing well for you in the Spanish league. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Love, Tony".

:facepalm:

“If” we needed to sell to raise funds (which was the point raised by the poster I was responding to). We have plenty of periphery players to sell.

Clearly I wasn’t suggesting we would try and flog Bernardo and co. to Real Madrid. I assumed that was fairly obvious.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
“If” we needed to sell to raise funds (which was the point raised by the poster I was responding to). We have plenty of periphery players to sell.

Clearly I wasn’t suggesting we would try and flog Bernardo and co. to Real Madrid. I assumed that was fairly obvious.

Sorry mate, but :facepalm: , just :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here