Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bissouma to Real Madrid

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Would like to think that Bissouma would not be sold seeing that he is currently our best midfielder. Can see Propper going along with some of the fringe players

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
To those saying he’s not that good - which England player would be ahead of him if he were English? Better than any current England player in his position. Way better than Rice or Dier for example (I should say for context I believe Rice to be massively overrated though!).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
f9bd5929e54f05dd2fe54c90b3151c12.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
An incredibly quick progression by BASSouma. Just 15 months ago he was an energetic loose cannon, taking pot shots into row Z, never passing to team mates in over ambitious dribbles.

Now bossing EPL midfield contests, he’s everywhere .... in a positive way.

£60m and not a penny less.

That would only be on the assumption that Albion do not want to sell.

If £47m gets Bruno Fernandes contract then your figure is way off mark.

I'd put it in the 30s with a few add-ons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That would only be on the assumption that Albion do not want to sell.

If £47m gets Bruno Fernandes contract then your figure is way off mark.

I'd put it in the 30s with a few add-ons.

Fernandez is now rated the most valuable midfielder in the world, they got a bargain.
Maguire £85m
Pepe £72m

Who knows in the crazy world of football?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fernandez is now rated the most valuable midfielder in the world, they got a bargain.
Maguire £85m
Pepe £72m

And if Real, United and Liverpool genuinely are interested he won't be going for a bargain.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Don't show stats on NSC. They are under the impression Solly March can not play football and it hurts their little heads.

I have no issue with March’s defensive work. In fact I could never work out why Hughton didn’t try him at LB or LWB. My issue with him is in the final third where his doubling back frustrates me, when he does cross he never hits a man with it, and his shooting (one fluke every two years apart) is woeful. He’s the sort of player who’s good enough for a side hovering just above the relegation places, which is us right now. But if we have ambitions to go higher, he’ll need to be upgraded to someone who provides a genuine attacking threat, including more than one or two assists a season.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
An incredibly quick progression by BASSouma. Just 15 months ago he was an energetic loose cannon, taking pot shots into row Z, never passing to team mates in over ambitious dribbles.

Now bossing EPL midfield contests, he’s everywhere .... in a positive way.

£60m and not a penny less.

Maybe this is a string to Graham Potter's bow, something to be celebrated?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have no issue with March’s defensive work. In fact I could never work out why Hughton didn’t try him at LB or LWB. My issue with him is in the final third where his doubling back frustrates me, when he does cross he never hits a man with it, and his shooting (one fluke every two years apart) is woeful. He’s the sort of player who’s good enough for a side hovering just above the relegation places, which is us right now. But if we have ambitions to go higher, he’ll need to be upgraded to someone who provides a genuine attacking threat, including more than one or two assists a season.

I can recall at least one EVIL cross Solly put in against Sheff Utd in the 2nd half - whip, pace, bending away from the keeper just in front of the 6 yard line. Sadly Maupay and Connolly were just stood their on their heels, slack-jawed, watching it fly past them in the box. As usual.

I'm not saying March is the next Ronaldo, but our reliably un-instinctive 'strikers' rarely do him many favours either.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I can recall at least one EVIL cross Solly put in against Sheff Utd in the 2nd half - whip, pace, bending away from the keeper just in front of the 6 yard line. Sadly Maupay and Connolly were just stood their on their heels, slack-jawed, watching it fly past them in the box. As usual.

I'm not saying March is the next Ronaldo, but our reliably un-instinctive 'strikers' rarely do him many favours either.

I don’t disagree with this but I’m not sure which of the chicken (shit crosses) and egg (shit movement from the strikers) came first. If I had to capture a Solly cross for eternity though it would be a promising looking ball from a good position that drifts ever so slightly over everyone, without quite enough pace to make it to the touchline. For his shooting, I’d just draw a powder puff.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maguire £85m
Pepe £72m

Well, looking at those two then perhaps I should reconsider my judgment. I'd have Maguire in my team- for a quarter of that...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

it has to change soon doesn't it .....half the time he looks up and there's no one there and when he does put a beaut in they all miss it ....:down:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t disagree with this but I’m not sure which of the chicken (shit crosses) and egg (shit movement from the strikers) came first. If I had to capture a Solly cross for eternity though it would be a promising looking ball from a good position that drifts ever so slightly over everyone, without quite enough pace to make it to the touchline. For his shooting, I’d just draw a powder puff.

Solly put in several quality crosses in the game, no where near their goalie, met with a lack of movment or alertless by our strikers. He's improved his game so much, in the end Sheff Utd had two players on him wherever he operated. On redcafe, they still talk about him tearing Wan-Bissaka apart.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I wouldnt be surprised to see Bissouma go in January. With Moder coming back into an already packed midfield with good players not getting a game, somebody will be off. Given that Moder is supposed to be a defensive midfielder maybe we already see him as a replacement. Maybe if one of these big clubs are interested, and if we have Moder lined up to replace Bissouma then we could see if the deal could involve a swap for a big name striker, someone who normally wouldnt be on our radar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here