Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
definitely worth a punt , GWARN GUS DO THE BUSINESS

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just been announced. Interesting? Could he be "the one"?

He'd be great..... but this week I have seen our forum, palace, millwall and stains and each one has a "Kevin Phillips" thread.

He's going to be in demand

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would like this. A proven goalscorer, especially at this level and a perfect foil for the young guns Barnes and Hoskins.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
He'd be great..... but this week I have seen our forum, palace, millwall and stains and each one has a "Kevin Phillips" thread.

He's going to be in demand

which is why we have to act fast !!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd be pretty excited if we signed him, we could do much worse than Phillips + Barnes/Hoskins but he's likely to receive better offers elsewhere and I'd be concerned about the wages. Hasn't he said he wants to move south as well with family?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No thank you very much. He will be 38 next season. If Birmingham don't want him, then I think that we should avoid him and spend our money on someone with a future.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No thank you very much. He will be 38 next season. If Birmingham don't want him, then I think that we should avoid him and spend our money on someone with a future.

If he does as well as Kish did this year, then surely he would be worth a punt on a one year deal. Reckon he could go abroad to Qatar or something like that on a big bucks deal though as I doubt many English clubs would offer him more than a 12 month contract

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

we have spent our money on someone with a future. We could with a little experience up front too, especially in our first season. I think Phillips would be superb on a year's contract.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I agree.

A target man is EXACTLY what we need with our on the ground passing style.....

This is true. But target man or not we need someone who can win something in the air. Murray's game was just as much about defending as it was attacking at times!

I think we're chasing a massive signing, not Phillips, bigger than that. Fingers crossed it'll happen.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This is true. But target man or not we need someone who can win something in the air. Murray's game was just as much about defending as it was attacking at times!

I think we're chasing a massive signing, not Phillips, bigger than that. Fingers crossed it'll happen.

Agreed. I am just so relieved that we are beyond the time where we used to sign the token massive* target man. McCammon, Benjamin, Iwelumo(though good), Gifton-Williams etc etc etc.

*black

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here