Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp - tweaked his ankle a little bit. (but with God's grace, might live)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just had to see the reaction now.
I assume you meant me. If you, and all the others had acctually read what I said instead of reading what you wanted to hear, youd not be so quick to accuse me.
Whatever the end result, Donk did cripple Billy... cripple means to disable. Bill couldnt walk, so he was disabled.
I also said that I wasnt advocating a hate campaign against Donk.
I also said that these things happen in football.
I also said that if the injury didnt turn out to be as serious, then this thread would be irrelevant.
I also said that the reson why I posted on here was to talk to friends about how I felt about potentially losing our strike force for the season, when we have such small resources.
Except for one poster you all chose to ignore these things and I was accused of being a child, a moron, self-deluded, unrealistic, pathetic, and much more.
Still, it seems, some of you havent read what I said properly. I was trying to be reasonable, respectful, friendly and logical, whilst getting across how emotional I felt at the prospect of the rumours being true. Now the prognosis seems better its a great relief, but I'm still frustrated by the aggressive and unfounded responses to my postings.
Now you'll probably accuse me of being a soft get... even though I tried to explain that it would be like you losing LL and CMS for the season in the first game.
I know I'll probably get slagged off again, and this post will be interpreted negatively, like the others, but I felt that I needed to try, just once more, to get you to retract the accusations against me because its hard being accused of stuff you didnt do.
I wont try again.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
anyway are sharp & haytor out for the season? ti christmas? a month? a week?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Ankle ligaments is still a bad injury isn't it? Broken bones tend to heal much better than ligaments ever will. Can't believe what a binfest this thread is. Wish him a speedy recovery

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Hercules Rockerfeller;4286672 but 99/100 that tackle would have resulted in nothing more than Sharp getting up said:
You mean..... 99/100 that tackle would have resulted in nothing more than Sharp getting up, throw his arms in the air, moan at the ref , have a little weep, then the game carrying on.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Doncaster fan here. Could not get to the game on Saturday due to other commitments. However would like to give my opinion on the tackles shown on the highlights show. For what its worth in my opinion the ref got all 3 decisions right. Dont think there was any malicious intent in any of the tackles. He did get the Lua Lua booking very wrong, was never a booking as Hayter had just nipped in front of him.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season from me, and hope you enjoy your new home, it certainly has for us, and hope you get the same effect.

How dare you come on here with your conciliatory tone and rational thoughts?! :D

Seriously, thanks for your good wishes and bringing some sense to proceedings. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Ankle ligaments is still as bad as a break isn't it? Broken bones tend to heal much better than ligaments ever will. Can't believe what a binfest this thread is. Still a serious injury and wish him a speedy recovery

I agree with you... its horrible!
Its brought out all the nastiness that was covered up by those of us on both sides who remember that football fans CAN understand each other when things go wrong. Its saddened me a lot.
Dont know how long they'll be out yet, but Bill hasnt "tweaked his ankle a little bit" as the prat who changed the title suggests. Another example of "fans united" not being what some of us thought it was.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
And the northerners call us "Southern Softies"? What a f ucking load of fuss over a sprained ankle. My son did his so badly last year that he pulled a lump of bone away with it - and he tried to keep on training!

I don't like to see any player, at any sport get injured, but he really does need to grow some rather than make such a girly fuss over a sprain!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its brought out all the nastiness that was covered up by those of us on both sides who remember that football fans CAN understand each other when things go wrong. Its saddened me a lot.
Dont know how long they'll be out yet, but Bill hasnt "tweaked his ankle a little bit" as the prat who changed the title suggests. Another example of "fans united" not being what some of us thought it was.

Likewise, we didn't have your lot down as a bunch of f***ing moaners

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This comedy thread title changing incident has RUINED fans united! :tantrum:
Up until then it was just a bit of fun, a fun hate campaign against a 19 year old boy who slightly mistimed one tackle in a game of football.

???

biggle57

Aug 8, 2011
Just i thought i would give another Doncaster fan thoughts. In my opinion yellow cards were correct for all 3, however on another day all 3 could have been red. Some of us can look at it without wearing rose tinted glasses, and just look at each tackle on its own merit.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
And the northerners call us "Southern Softies"? What a f ucking load of fuss over a sprained ankle. My son did his so badly last year that he pulled a lump of bone away with it - and he tried to keep on training!

I don't like to see any player, at any sport get injured, but he really does need to grow some rather than make such a girly fuss over a sprain!

Not sprained... ligament damage. Bloody hell, you lot really do read what you want to read, dont you?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
This comedy thread title changing incident has RUINED fans united! :tantrum:
Up until then it was just a bit of fun, a fun hate campaign against a 19 year old boy who slightly mistimed one tackle in a game of football.

???

Didnt say it had ruined it. Just showed how fragile it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here