Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp - tweaked his ankle a little bit. (but with God's grace, might live)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Obviously not. Wishful thinking on my part.
All I can say is that your pleasure at going up has become blind arrogance and I sincerely hope you live to get the rewards.
Those arrogrant Brighton fans, looking at things and saying what happened. It's not on!

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Those arrogrant Brighton fans, looking at things and saying what happened. It's not on!

I didnt think youd have realised it. Do you honestly agree with the majority of things that BHA fans have said on here? Look at it from my view point.... how would you translate it?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I'll back off that one... the result of getting angry and not thinking straight. But you have to admit, its like calling a migraine a headache.

Hello, I am very sorry, but it is nothing like that. It is a Sprain. I think you are confusing it with a "strain" (muscle tear from overstretching).

Sprained Ankle Injury Explained

A sprained ankle is one of the most common injuries caused by participation in sports. It refers to soft tissue damage (mainly ligaments) around the ankle, usually caused by an inversion injury (where the ankle is twisted inwards) or an eversion injury (where the ankle is twisted outwards).
Anatomy of ankle sprain injury

Because of the position of the bones around the ankle, the inversion injury is far more common. This injury causes damage to the lateral ligaments on the outside of the ankle.

The most commonly injured ligament is the Anterior Talo Fibular (ATF) ligament which, as the name suggests, joins the fibular and talus bones together. If the force to the ankle is more severe, the Calcaneo Fibular ligament (between the Calcaneus and Fibula) is also damaged. The Posterior Talo Fibular (PTF) ligament is very rarely damaged in comparison to the other two ligaments.

In the case of an eversion injury the damage occurs on the medial (inside) of the ankle. The ligament on the inside of the ankle is called the Deltoid ligament and is very strong. It is so strong in fact that the bone on the inside of the ankle can be pulled off, in what is called an avulsion fracture, before the ligament is damaged.

As well as damage to the ligaments, the capsule which surrounds the ankle joint is also damaged. The damage causes bleeding within the tissues and the ankle begins to swell up and can be extremely painful.

Ankle sprains can be classified as follows:

First degree, where only a few ligament fibres are damaged
Second degree sprain refers to more extensive damage to the ligament with associated swelling
Third degree sprain refers to a complete rupture of the ligament with swelling and a possible joint dislocation

In the more severe injuries there may be associated bone injury and it is wise to get an x-ray to determine whether there is a fracture.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
The man is lucky he's not DEAD, I was just happy to hear his condition has been upgraded that's all. Is he out of Intensive Care or...?

Just say what you mean instead of tring to be witty. At least I think thats what youre trying to do.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Hello, I am very sorry, but it is nothing like that. It is a Sprain. I think you are confusing it with a "strain" (muscle tear from overstretching).

Sprained Ankle Injury Explained

A sprained ankle is one of the most common injuries caused by participation in sports. It refers to soft tissue damage (mainly ligaments) around the ankle, usually caused by an inversion injury (where the ankle is twisted inwards) or an eversion injury (where the ankle is twisted outwards).

Because of the position of the bones around the ankle, the inversion injury is far more common. This injury causes damage to the lateral ligaments on the outside of the ankle.

The most commonly injured ligament is the Anterior Talo Fibular (ATF) ligament which, as the name suggests, joins the fibular and talus bones together. If the force to the ankle is more severe, the Calcaneo Fibular ligament (between the Calcaneus and Fibula) is also damaged. The Posterior Talo Fibular (PTF) ligament is very rarely damaged in comparison to the other two ligaments.

In the case of an eversion injury the damage occurs on the medial (inside) of the ankle. The ligament on the inside of the ankle is called the Deltoid ligament and is very strong. It is so strong in fact that the bone on the inside of the ankle can be pulled off, in what is called an avulsion fracture, before the ligament is damaged.

As well as damage to the ligaments, the capsule which surrounds the ankle joint is also damaged. The damage causes bleeding within the tissues and the ankle begins to swell up and can be extremely painful.

Ankle sprains can be classified as follows:

First degree, where only a few ligament fibres are damaged
Second degree sprain refers to more extensive damage to the ligament with associated swelling
Third degree sprain refers to a complete rupture of the ligament with swelling and a possible joint dislocation

In the more severe injuries there may be associated bone injury and it is wise to get an x-ray to determine whether there is a fracture.

Yes I was. Even I make mistakes in the heat of violent, verbal attacks! LOL!!!

But we still dont know the extent of the damage in this case. Doubt it'll be a "tweak" though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And the relevance of that is....?

Erm, Because the Doncaster fans are only interested in this thread and one of them may have posted it and I considered posting the question in the "Who eat all the pies" thread but thought that might not be the best place.

Just interest what is was and why its didn't happen as the Donny fan seemed excited about it when he posted it but wouldn't say what it was.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I didnt think youd have realised it. Do you honestly agree with the majority of things that BHA fans have said on here? Look at it from my view point.... how would you translate it?
Agree with it? I haven't even READ the majority of things BHA fans ahve said on here. :)
What I have read is idiotic Doncaster fans hassling a young boy who made a slight error and talking massive quantites of shite about said error.
I understand that it's upsetting when one of your good players gets injured, but that doesn't mean I have to politely read this insufferable nonsense without pointing out that it is insufferable nonsense.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes I was. Even I make mistakes in the heat of violent, verbal attacks! LOL!!!

But we still dont know the extent of the damage in this case. Doubt it'll be a "tweak" though.

Look, why not just accept that nobody is happy that a player we (well most Brighton fans) admire and have envied you for having in your team, has been injured in any way. Nor did we want any of our players injured, which fortunately was avoided.

I am really sorry to hear it is a strain, and hope that it is only a mild one, which the intensive treatment he will receive will soon heal.

BUT, the attack on our Club over the matter by some of your lot is totally out of order.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Erm, Because the Doncaster fans are only interested in this thread and one of them may have posted it and I considered posting the question in the "Who eat all the pies" thread but thought that might not be the best place.

Just interest what is was and why its didn't happen as the Donny fan seemed excited about it when he posted it but wouldn't say what it was.

Still dont know what you mean. Do you mean that some Donny fans told you they were planning something? If so, cant help you.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nurse

So what did you actually see ?

Nurse: why did it take so long to fasten him to the stretcher ?

Why did it appear they were fastening him so securely ?

Not for an ankle injury ???

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Agree with it? I haven't even READ the majority of things BHA fans ahve said on here. :)
What I have read is idiotic Doncaster fans hassling a young boy who made a slight error and talking massive quantites of shite about said error.
I understand that it's upsetting when one of your good players gets injured, but that doesn't mean I have to politely read this insufferable nonsense without pointing out that it is insufferable nonsense.

But Bob.... I've defended your point of view til I'm blue in the face and I'm still being slagged off left right and centre for doing it. Is there any wonder I'm bloody angry and rapidly changing my attitude towards your club and its fans?
They'll probabby come back with "do you think we care what you and your poxy little club think". Thats what shocks me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
23 pages. Really?

It was a shame Sharp got injured, it was a poor tackle, but not malcious.
There were poor tackles before that from Donny.
The vast majority of us hope Sharp recovers quickly and that Donny have a good season.

So what on earth can have been discussed in the last 23 pages?

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Look, why not just accept that nobody is happy that a player we (well most Brighton fans) admire and have envied you for having in your team, has been injured in any way. Nor did we want any of our players injured, which fortunately was avoided.

I am really sorry to hear it is a strain, and hope that it is only a mild one, which the intensive treatment he will receive will soon heal.

BUT, the attack on our Club over the matter by some of your lot is totally out of order.

God! A reply where I can take a breath at last.
I'm not "YOUR LOT"... I'm me. I have REPEATEDLY disowned the morons who have posted crap on our sites... as have most of our fans. I come on here to explain things and am assaulted by just the same sort of moronic responses I am condemning.
I wanted to hear from decent BHA fans but am overwhelmed by the vitriolic viciousness of the vast majority of replies to, what I think are, my reasonable posts.
This situation comes from both sides, dont you think? And its really disappointing to somebody who believed all the apparent crap about the mutual respect of our fans.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
So what did you actually see ?

Nurse: why did it take so long to fasten him to the stretcher ?

Why did it appear they were fastening him so securely ?

Not for an ankle injury ???

Still dont understand. Perseus, you seemed one of the BHA fans who were reasonable and who could discuss stuff logically.... HELP!!!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Still dont understand. Perseus, you seemed one of the BHA fans who were reasonable and who could discuss stuff logically.... HELP!!!!

I thought Billy Sharp was playing with a pre-existing injury. I think that was why it took so long to take him off. That's why the Albion fans have got a little impatient ?

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
23 pages. Really?

It was a shame Sharp got injured, it was a poor tackle, but not malcious.
There were poor tackles before that from Donny.
The vast majority of us hope Sharp recovers quickly and that Donny have a good season.

So what on earth can have been discussed in the last 23 pages?

Apparently, BHA fans have been defending their club against some moronic gets from Doncaster. The majority of it though, seems to be BHA fans slagging off Donny fans who have come on here trying to be placatory and who have been advocating a reasonable view of what happened last Saturday.
Ive stuck with it because it seems that, no matter how friendly I try to be, and how much I keep repeating that I dont want Donk victimising, I still get slagged for being aggressive and advocating that Donk be killed, or summat!
Im just gripped by the challenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here