Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharp - tweaked his ankle a little bit. (but with God's grace, might live)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd also bet a few quid that Billy Sharp won't be a Doncaster player by the time of the return fixture.

Assuming his entire career isn't in tatters as a result of his slightly sprained ankle, and he recovers to score a few goals, I'm sure a friendly Northern team will be in for him before the January transfer window is out. Not a southern team, obviously, as it's well known he can't cope with life more than a few hundred metres from the Yorkshire boundaries.

So, anyway, good luck with the rest of the season, Rovers, I'm sure he'll be back soon, for however long. I'm bored of him now, so I'll leave it there :wave:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm saying he's unforgiving. I assume you can figure that one out for yourself this time.

Depends if hes injured though doesn't it? Hamstring, hernias, muscle pulls etc etc. Shoulda got £3m for him while you can

Billy Stubbs' Tears

Aug 6, 2011
Why dont you f*** off back to your shitty little doncaster board and do your moaning & bitching on there . Sharp is not "as tough a nut as you'll ever see" , he's a whinging tart( not unlike you) who spends more time getting in the refs face moaning than he does playing football. I for one dont particularly care wether he's broken his neck or his toenail it's as relevant to Brighton's season as how big Beyonces arse is.Do you understand?

See, given the number of replies on here, I assumed you lot were as fascinated by this thread as we are.

I take it the love-in has finally ended then?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As for Northern hardness, if Sharp is fit come March for the return game. then things could be fun. He's as tough a nut as you'll ever see on a football pitch and tends to be, shall we say, unforgiving?

What are you suggesting? Do we have a Roy Keane / Alf Inge Harlaand incident waiting to happen now?

Might be worth flagging this thread up for future reference. Personally, if Billy is anything like as nasty a piece of work as you make him sound, then even if it was a malicious challenge from Dunk (and it wasn't!) surely your reaction should have been one of "well, he dishes it out, he has to take it sometimes as well." But that wasn't your view was it.

Not sure you can have it both ways fella.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, is he crippled for life or something less?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Dunk was immense, he did'nt deserve a red card. Wasn't malicious

doesn't have to be. And having watched it again, he was very lucky to stay on

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Nayor has an extensive career over a decade and a half in which he has proved himself to be a tough, hard player, but not the sort who goes out to maim players. Despite your fans' hysterical reaction to a tackle in which his foot missed Barnes's leg by a good 12 inches.

pBLrkr

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You might recall it was one of your own posters who flagged up the injury as a triple break. Being sensible of course, depending on the extent of the damage, a ligament injury can be as long if not longer to come back from.

As for Northern hardness, if Sharp is fit come March for the return game. then things could be fun. He's as tough a nut as you'll ever see on a football pitch and tends to be, shall we say, unforgiving?

Nope. Adam El-Abd's injury against Southampton and the fact that he was playing within a few weeks proves we're tougher than you Northern monkeys. It's why you lot rely on us for handouts.

Will you kindly now just shut up and go away?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
See, given the number of replies on here, I assumed you lot were as fascinated by this thread as we are.

The love in hasn't ended. There are other Donny fans on here who are more intelligent than you and can hold a decent debate.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

If you look back over this thread the majority of posts are telling you what an idiot you are, and that your views are basically ill-founded and rubbish. Do you support donny because even Leeds couldn't put up with your claptrap?

biggle57

Aug 8, 2011
Doncaster fan here. Could not get to the game on Saturday due to other commitments. However would like to give my opinion on the tackles shown on the highlights show. For what its worth in my opinion the ref got all 3 decisions right. Dont think there was any malicious intent in any of the tackles. He did get the Lua Lua booking very wrong, was never a booking as Hayter had just nipped in front of him.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season from me, and hope you enjoy your new home, it certainly has for us, and hope you get the same effect.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Christ , your like a dog with a bone. I Just cant believe the fuss your making about a mistimed tackle, after all sharps never ever left his foot in has he? & as far as the -"love in" is concerned i dont go in for all that bollocks, Doncaster are just another team... only on the radar when we happen to be in the same division & then only twice a year.

Billy Stubbs' Tears

Aug 6, 2011
What are you suggesting? Do we have a Roy Keane / Alf Inge Harlaand incident waiting to happen now?

Might be worth flagging this thread up for future reference. Personally, if Billy is anything like as nasty a piece of work as you make him sound, then even if it was a malicious challenge from Dunk (and it wasn't!) surely your reaction should have been one of "well, he dishes it out, he has to take it sometimes as well." But that wasn't your view was it.

Not sure you can have it both ways fella.

Not in the slightest. Sharp is another one of our players who has never been sent off in his career. What he generally does is score against sides who have riled him. Although he's not been unknown to leave the odd mark on a centre half too. Although to my knowledge he's never put one in hospital.

He'll be back. We'll be back. And next March's return will be one for the diary.

Last season, he

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No, he isn't.

Please substantiate your claim that Richard Naylor has never been involved in any injury in his career.

I will check with my Ipswich supporting friend who mentioned earlier that 'naylor is a nutjob' and has a habit of diving in. He didn't mention specific injuries so will find out just how this reputation has been gained.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Last season, he was voted WORLD'S HARDEST NUT by viewers of Danny Dyer's Real Football Factories

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
He used the word apparently and within 7 posts had said that it might be his ankle instead. Read some of the posts from your fellow Donny fans including one who accused Dunk of crippling Sharp.

Just had to see the reaction now.
I assume you meant me. If you, and all the others had acctually read what I said instead of reading what you wanted to hear, youd not be so quick to accuse me.
Whatever the end result, Donk did cripple Billy... cripple means to disable. Bill couldnt walk, so he was disabled.
I also said that I wasnt advocating a hate campaign against Donk.
I also said that these things happen in football.
I also said that if the injury didnt turn out to be as serious, then this thread would be irrelevant.
I also said that the reson why I posted on here was to talk to friends about how I felt about potentially losing our strike force for the season, when we have such small resources.
Except for one poster you all chose to ignore these things and I was accused of being a child, a moron, self-deluded, unrealistic, pathetic, and much more.
Still, it seems, some of you havent read what I said properly. I was trying to be reasonable, respectful, friendly and logical, whilst getting across how emotional I felt at the prospect of the rumours being true. Now the prognosis seems better its a great relief, but I'm still frustrated by the aggressive and unfounded responses to my postings.
Now you'll probably accuse me of being a soft get... even though I tried to explain that it would be like you losing LL and CMS for the season in the first game.
I know I'll probably get slagged off again, and this post will be interpreted negatively, like the others, but I felt that I needed to try, just once more, to get you to retract the accusations against me because its hard being accused of stuff you didnt do.
I wont try again.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Aye well. Go and count how many "Lewis is not a malicious player" comments there are on this thread. I stopped counting by the time I ran out of fingers, and I'm from Yorkshire...

I daresay Dunk isn't malicious, but if this is his ability in judging tackles, he'll have plenty of spare time over his career to practice while suspended. I said at the time that there was never a chance in a million that Dunk could have reached the ball without twatting Sharp's left leg and these images demonstrate that beyond doubt. Absolutely appalling misjudgement.

At least he was trying to go for the ball, unlike Naylor who seemed intent on going through Barnes, but not in a malicious way, of course. He was just playing with him.

I am sure most of us have played the game at a certain level and in a split second you do things that in hindsight you realise were maybe not an option be it shooting on your left foot in my case, or making a tackle that wasn't. The partonising way in which you're talking about Lewis Dunk is not on. He is a professional footballer and has become on merit. I don't think he needs to be taking any advice from you, no matter how well meaning. He played really well for such a young pro on Saturday and the injury to Sharp was unfortunate, but 99/100 that tackle would have resulted in nothing more than Sharp getting up, turining around and having a go at Dunk, then the game carrying on.

It's a shame this happened, but you rally need to get some perspective on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here