Billy Sharp interest confirmed

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
He'd be a class signing.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Like you could afford Billy Sharp, he went to Sheff Utd from Scunny at a price tag of £2 mil. You probably couldn't afford his wage let alone fee.

You might aswell stick your interest in for Xabi Alonso, he wants out of Liverpool or nip in to get Lescott before Man City...

Don't get me wrong, neither could we either so don't think I am on a high horse, just think you need to be realistic.

Up the U's

you are astupi **** we can afoord him and will just wit and see wanker

ps im wasted

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
you are astupi **** we can afoord him and will just wit and see wanker

ps im wasted

NSC alert

Immature person trying to act big and mature by advertising they are drunk or drugged.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Pure speculation fuelled by White's ill chosen words. Saying that the club is always interested in players of Sharp's quality is pretty meaningless really. I don't suppose that RS, who rightly likes to play things close to his chest as regards potential signings, is particularly happy about this story.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Pure speculation fuelled by White's ill chosen words. Saying that the club is always interested in players of Sharp's quality is pretty meaningless really. I don't suppose that RS, who rightly likes to play things close to his chest as regards potential signings, is particularly happy about this story.

Whats more likely is we are interested in another player who shares the same agent as Sharp and we are helping him draw attention to Sharps availablity as part of any deal.

Or i could be talking bollocks

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
It could of course be a deflecting story while we work quietly in the background to get someone else who otherwise might attract other interest....as per earlier deals done this summer.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Billy Sharp? No chance.

I'd agree with this, but, and it's a big but -
The Liam Dickinson story broke in a similar way and I didn't think we'd ever be in the market for a 750k player at a Championship club. Of course Sharp is a 2 million pound player so it's even more unlikely.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It could of course be a deflecting story while we work quietly in the background to get someone else who otherwise might attract other interest....as per earlier deals done this summer.

I guess that is more accurate.

To say we can't afford him is pure speculation. We can, or rather TB can. But does he see him as a guaranteed ticket out of this division? Beckford scores for fun for Leeds but they are still down here. I think Murray is going to be a liability for us with outside football influences messing with his head and i'm hoping someone will come in for him smartish.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

Exactly the thought that crossed my mind. Stories seem to crop up like this just before we sign someone very few people have mentioned. It triggers negative comments about players not wanting to come here then BAM RS strikes and we all cream oursleves. I reckon we will make 2 signings today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here