Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter signs on loan until January

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Billy Paynter will probably struggle to score more than a handful of goals between now and January but if what my Swine supporting friend says is true, he’ll allow our other strikers to score loads of goals.

Very happy with this signing.

ps [MENTION=21476]Gus is god[/MENTION] stop your bloody moaning, you're getting boring now.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
For Christ sake you lot! We have plenty of players capable of scoring, what we don't appear to have is a player capable of providing the target to hold the ball up and bring them into the game. I have been critical of our "performance" against West Ham (never looked a danger, no penetration), Gus is doing something about it. Let's see how it works.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
If he tears it up brilliant but like i said the past 3 times he's played in it his been awful, with Hull, Southend and Leeds so i doubt he will this time, its not that i want him to fail i dont the fact that worrys me is this appears to be the answer to our problems and signing a player that has failed 3 times already at this level is concerning

The difference this time?
Brighton and Hove Albion's flair factor!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
When did he sign for us?

We've not official confirmation that he has yet.....Andy Naylor has now tweeted about it saying nothing from the club but his sources back up the original story.

Looks as though Gus is god has taken over from Samej as resident twat for the week.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In all seriousness it sounds very much like Paynter has a point to prove. Both to LUFC and to any potential suitor which includes us.

Therefore its a win/win.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's one of the odd things in football that sometimes a player can do some fantastic stuff at one club, move to another and have a bad start, get slated and have nothing come of it. I honestly hope we can get the best out of him, I'm sure Gus will, I'm also sure he's EXACTLY what we need upfront.

If Gus thinks Paynter is the type of player we need, then I'd agree.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder how many assists he laid on for Simon Cox at Swindon? And then for Charlie Austin? I wonder what they think of him. ... He's not got the best record for goals, but it's about what he'll offer the team. We know CMS has got a goal or 30 in him, so let's play to his strengths a bit more.

Billy Paynter Bio, Stats, News - Football / Soccer - - ESPN Soccernet

0 assists for leeds 2011/12 (0 goals, 0(1) appearance)
0 for leeds 2010/11 (1 goal 9(14) appearances)
6 for swindon 2009/10 (29 goals 45(5) appearances)
7 for swindon 2008/09 (12 goals 45(2) appearances)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Lol you guys think Barnes is shit, you have a shock horror to come if this guy starts every week, his f***ing woeful. Simple as

Barnes is shit. That opinion is shared by many who have watched him regulary over the past couple of years.

Where and how does your assesment of Paynter come about? Or it is just something you heard the bigger boys say :wanker:

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
It's one of the odd things in football that sometimes a player can do some fantastic stuff at one club, move to another and have a bad start, get slated and have nothing come of it. I honestly hope we can get the best out of him, I'm sure Gus will, I'm also sure he's EXACTLY what we need upfront.

If Gus thinks Paynter is the type of player we need, then I'd agree.

See i would agree if it was one club but its not its been 3 at championship level. Thats what my point is his been played at this level a number of times not just Leeds and not once has it worked for the guy, the reason being he hasnt been good enough at it.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
This is good news, could be a great signing.

This.
We all need to be optimistic!
(Not too optimistic as to raise expectations to unnecessary heights though!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here