Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bikes and halfords and legal stuff

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
wont ever go in halfords again, the store manager was a right twat (burgess hill)

I used to work in Bikehut in that Halfords in Burgess Hill. I left shortly before the new manager came in but have heard from my former colleagues that he is a bit of a prick (I now work at a different Halfords).

I like to think that 99% of the time we provide a decent service, it was obviously just an unfortunate exception that you got caught out.

I used to work in Bikehut in that Halfords in Burgess Hill. I left shortly before the new manager came in but have heard from my former colleagues that he is a bit of a prick (I now work at a different Halfords).

I like to think that 99% of the time we provide a decent service, it was obviously just an unfortunate exception that you got caught out.

I'm afraid you can add halfords Reading into that. f***ing useless.
Claim to be the largest bike shop in Reading and have no bike parking facilities.
Obnoxious unhelpfull staff who, if you aren't spending thousands of pounds, simply couldn't give a shit. And as I've never spent thousands there I'm not sure they would if you were.

Complete waste of space and I wouldn't even go there to buy an inner tube quite frankly.

Sorry but I would never buy anything at Halfords again.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
cheers for the advice on this chaps. in case youre interested just took delivery of this little fella. trek 7.3 fx 2010 reduced from 450 to 350 at evans in crawley. rather pleased with the deal and the bike is lovely

trek7.3fx.jpg

Great choice fella. 7.3 has a very good frame for that money and is an absolute bargain at that price.

Now get out there riding in todays lovely weather.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:thumbsup: it is lovely to ride . think i may do the london to brighton on it next year
Good work fella, I knew you'd plump for the Trek!.
Just be careful of the potholes I wouldn't want to see your lovely new steed (and you) crooked before you get started.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester

I work at Halfords in York and we try to do all the bikes as best as possible obviously 1 or 2 may slip through the net but overall I have not dealt with many returns or problems.

Can't comment on Burgess Hill store, but we get plenty of training at ours and have experienced bike mechanics on hand to answer questions and give advice

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Good work fella, I knew you'd plump for the Trek!.
Just be careful of the potholes I wouldn't want to see your lovely new steed (and you) crooked before you get started.

it does seem a bit of a worry . its quite a hard ride so if you hit a pothole it does send a few shudders through you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here