Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bike train to the Amex - 21st April

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
SOME people are idiots, however they travel. I've seen pedestrians, cyclists, car drivers, bus drivers, motorbike riders, lorry drivers, taxi drivers and van drivers do dangerous things and illegal things on a daily basis.

Tarring ALL members of any group is simply wrong, and implies that other groups don't behave like that. It also makes those who DO behave properly think "what's the point? Why should I bother to obey the rules of the road when people swear at me and say I shouldn't be on the road simply because of my choice of vehicle?"

I've never had any of those vehicles nearly run me over. It happens on a weekly basis with cyclists. Can't comment on what it's like in Brighton or where ever it is you cycle but in London it's still a nightmare even after the police have cracked down on it. The punishments are clearly not enough of a deterrent.

Arthur, put away your stereotypical perceptions about cyclists and come and join us, you might surprise yourself! Do you really think a few cyclists are going to cause a massive jam on a two lane road an hour before kick off?

Yes I do. Cyclist in convoys always cause problems but they don't know how to behave on the road.

And no I won't join as I'm an adult and don't own a push bike and will be drinking beer before the game like every other sane person, not titting about being sanctimonious wankers telling anyone who'd listen about how they are saving the planet!

f*** the lot of you, hope it rains!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I've never had any of those vehicles nearly run me over. It happens on a weekly basis with cyclists. Can't comment on what it's like in Brighton or where ever it is you cycle but in London it's still a nightmare even after the police have cracked down on it. The punishments are clearly not enough of a deterrent.

I'm a London cyclist. I obey the law, just as I do when I'm a London driver or London pedestrian. I don't think I've said that anyone should jump lights, etc and agree that people who do need punishment.

I have had all of those vehicles either hit me, or cause me to take avasive action to avoid collision through no fault of my own. The difference is that if someone hits you on a bike you aren't likely to be killed. If someone hits you with a couple of tonnes of steel then your chances aren't so good. I don't tell people how I'm saving the planet - just how much money it saves me!!

:lol:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

I think this says more about you than it does cyclists. To me it says that you clearly don't look out for cyclists and jaywalk in front of them. Walking around Brighton the amount of cabbies that run reds, don't indicate and speed far outweighs the number if cyclists.

Think Bike and you may not have so many near misses.

One think I will agree on though. Cycle Couriers are probably guilty of more sins than any other group of road user. However, don't tar them all with the same brush.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes I do. Cyclist in convoys always cause problems but they don't know how to behave on the road.

And no I won't join as I'm an adult and don't own a push bike and will be drinking beer before the game like every other sane person, not titting about being sanctimonious wankers telling anyone who'd listen about how they are saving the planet!

For f*** sake. I cycle to The Amex not because I want to save the planet, but because it's easier for me to get out of the place. And sitting in front of a computer screen all week, it's the only exercise I get. Stop judging all cyclists the same, please................

Last edited by a moderator:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bike haters are grown ups who never had a chopper as a kid, and had to make do with a Grifter , the really angry ones had a Tommahawk . :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was fun, me and Jnr certainly enjoyed the event.

Well done to all concerned.

Will you be putting any photos up here?

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
One thing I will say is that some of the crusties who were involved (and in the Sussex Uni one) should take a look at how they ride. Three of them were riding the wrong way up the Lewes Road cycle path when I rode to the game today (very very late), they all had bike train flags on their bikes to make them easy to identify. Why do some cyclists feel the need to break the law just to save themselves a few seconds?

Twats on all sides of these arguments I'm afraid. How did we as a society get so impatient that we feel a need to take risks with our own and each others lives?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Don't want to get into the whole cycling debate but the Bike Train arrived at Falmer just as I was leaving the station and a mighty impressive, noisey and happy bunch they were too so well done all!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't want to get into the whole cycling debate but the Bike Train arrived at Falmer just as I was leaving the station and a mighty impressive, noisey and happy bunch they were too so well done all!
That would have been Jnr Stat leading the way, on his red road bike.
I didn't have the heart to pull him back into the fold, until it got too busy.

Even a fun bike train, is a race he must win, for him.

although I am a cyclist, i'm also a driver and if we're talking about fuckin idiots I nominate the van that was right up my arse in the out side lane of the A27 yesterday, as i was overtaking and in excess of the speed limit he really had no ground to terrorise me in such a way, i'm a fuckin good driver and would have pulled in as soon as was practical, the point is i'm not going to pigeon hole van drivers as c**ts simply because of this c**t

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I felt sorry for Caroline Lucas yesterday as she had a photo with the bike train at the Amex, she plainly mistook the bike train for a bandwagon.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
:ban:
I am a regular cyclist and have cycled to 90% of this season's home games from the Fiveways area. I join the Lewes road at the vogue gyratory. I lstarted my journey earlier yesterday to avoid this Bike train. I believe that until the proposed Lewes road improvements have taken place , cycling in a large group along that stretch of road is unsafe . It is much safe r cycling in ones, twos or smaller groups. I woul be very happy to discuss this further with the Bike train organisers.

D

Deleted member 22389

Its actually quite good the club are promoting this. There are more positives than negatives cycling to The Amex. Exercise, quicker to get home and hopefully it goes a long way to getting permission for the extension. On top of this I thought I read somewhere that we have the highest numbers of supporters who cycle to matches.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a bit gutted no photos have appeared.
I'd love to see jnr Stat leading the peloton!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here