Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bike train to the Amex - 21st April

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Can't be f***ed if I'm being honest!

So not only are you freeloading, us motorists are actually paying you do so!?! The wonder this country is in the state it's in.

So, if I drive a G-Whizz would you say I'm not allowed on the road add I don't pay tax? How about a Mini Cooper from the 60s that is excise exempt?

Does a 6 litre yank mobile have more rights on the road than a 1 litre Corsa?

As usual with the anti bike monkeys their argument is heavily flawed.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
♠Not sure what the advantages of the Bike Train are - I will be cycling up the A27 on the 21st, as I have done to pretty well every home game this season - Come on - convince me there's safety in numbers!

:drama:

I have been promoting cycling to The Amex since before this season began. I've also been asked by the club to contact them at the end of the season with regards to looking into the possibility of Bikeability courses being held at The Amex. It has been encouraging to see more people cycling to home games as this really the easiest way to get to and from the ground. No queuing for buses, trains, no traffic jams getting out of the car park plus it is great exercise. GET ON YOUR BIKE!!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Yes, but we aren't talking about the past are we, we're talking about a couple of weeks time. Cyclists are nuisance, should be made to pay tax, should have to have their bikes checked like an MOT annually and they should have to pass a test like all the other road users. When the inevitable happens and they choose to ignore the highway code as EVERY cyclist does then the police would have the power to take away licence.

Ah, so you don't want horses and jockeys on the road either as they have no licence, MOT or tax. Are pedestrians allowed to cross the lights on a green man. They haven't got a licence either. My God, your blood must boil at zebra crossing. The sheer audacity of a mere pedestrian slowing up your highly important car journey.

You're coming across as a very bitter and angry car driver. Possibly too angry too be trusted behind the wheel of a car. Maybe you should take up cycling, it's great at relieving stress.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So, if I drive a G-Whizz would you say I'm not allowed on the road add I don't pay tax? How about a Mini Cooper from the 60s that is excise exempt?

Does a 6 litre yank mobile have more rights on the road than a 1 litre Corsa?

As usual with the anti bike monkeys their argument is heavily flawed.

If you drove a Gwizz then you've a bit more to worry about than paying road tax!!

A mini cooper that was exempt would have paid it's fair share of road tax over years.

I haven't said one vehicle has more right to be on the road than another, just don't think cyclists have ANY rights when they don't pay road tax, don't have to pass a test to be there, don't have to look after the contraption the are riding and constantly flaunt the highway code. Not to mention the majority of adults who ride bikes are self righteous wankers who bang on about how they are saving the planet.

If just one of you were prepared to admit you ride on the pavement, jump red lights, don't dismount when it clearly says to and do it because you are a tightwad then I might change my opinion on you!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ah, so you don't want horses and jockeys on the road either as they have no licence, MOT or tax. Are pedestrians allowed to cross the lights on a green man. They haven't got a licence either. My God, your blood must boil at zebra crossing. The sheer audacity of a mere pedestrian slowing up your highly important car journey.

You're coming across as a very bitter and angry car driver. Possibly too angry too be trusted behind the wheel of a car. Maybe you should take up cycling, it's great at relieving stress.

Horses should be in a field and not on the road. Annoys me allot actually!

I'm not an angry driver as I know if you hit me you are going to do allot more damage to yourself than you are my wagon. Not that you'd have insurance to cover the damage to my car but that again is another matter.

I am an angry pedestrian though because pretty much every morning I nearly get run over on my walk from the station to my office by some jumped up twerp in Lycra who doesn't think the red light applies to him. Try walking round central London for a week and see if it doesn't annoy the f*** out of you!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
If you drove a Gwizz then you've a bit more to worry about than paying road tax!!

A mini cooper that was exempt would have paid it's fair share of road tax over years.

I haven't said one vehicle has more right to be on the road than another, just don't think cyclists have ANY rights when they don't pay road tax, don't have to pass a test to be there, don't have to look after the contraption the are riding and constantly flaunt the highway code. Not to mention the majority of adults who ride bikes are self righteous wankers who bang on about how they are saving the planet.

If just one of you were prepared to admit you ride on the pavement, jump red lights, don't dismount when it clearly says to and do it because you are a tightwad then I might change my opinion on you!

What if that mini has been off the road since the early 70s? It may have only paid 1 years tax? You're argument is heavily flawed.

How many cars speed, run red lights, park in cycle lanes, park on double yellows, drivers use mobile phones, no seatbelts, drive without insurance? I'm sure the percentage of minor offences is higher on motorists than cyclists.

Maybe if you look for the good things you may be less angry. Then again you're just another tin can monkey that thinks he rules the road.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Horses should be in a field and not on the road. Annoys me allot actually!

I'm not an angry driver as I know if you hit me you are going to do allot more damage to yourself than you are my wagon. Not that you'd have insurance to cover the damage to my car but that again is another matter.

I am an angry pedestrian though because pretty much every morning I nearly get run over on my walk from the station to my office by some jumped up twerp in Lycra who doesn't think the red light applies to him. Try walking round central London for a week and see if it doesn't annoy the f*** out of you!

Arthur, thanks for your very constructive feedback. However, this is a thread about cycling to the Amex and to be honest your comments are not very appropriate. Can you start another thread somewhere else...perhaps about fishing?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What if that mini has been off the road since the early 70s? It may have only paid 1 years tax? You're argument is heavily flawed.

Oh give up would you!

How many cars speed, run red lights, park in cycle lanes, park on double yellows, drivers use mobile phones, no seatbelts, drive without insurance? I'm sure the percentage of minor offences is higher on motorists than cyclists.

I've never once seen a car driving on the pavement. I've only very rarely seen a car jump a red light, I must see 10 cyclists a day doing this! Parking in cycle lanes should be allowed as you aren't paying road tax so therefore have no right to be on the road in the first place, but I think we've covered that bit. I drive and speak on my phone, never had a crash. How many cyclists ride their bikes whilst on the phone? Again I must see this on numerous occasions every single day! I've no idea how many non insured drivers there are, I'm sure it's plenty! How many cyclists have insurance? Granted it's not a legal requirement, but it should be. Again we've covered this.

Given that we are going round in circles I think I'll leave it there.

Enjoy your push bike ride, hope it doesn't rain!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Arthur, thanks for your very constructive feedback. However, this is a thread about cycling to the Amex and to be honest your comments are not very appropriate. Can you start another thread somewhere else...perhaps about fishing?

Of course they are appropriate! I was pointing out that by clogging up the road system with your daft idea isn't the right way to endear yourselves or other normal BHA fans to the normal people going about their everyday lives.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Think he was winding you up, old chap, there is no offence under the Road Traffic Act of riding a bike whilst over the prescribed limit.

I got threatened by a police officer for drink cycling in London, but he decided to let me off - probably felt sorry for me as I had opened up my arm and lost my wallet :cry: . I am pretty certain it is covered in the RTA, although the conversation was a little hazy.

Edit: Road Traffic Act 1988

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Not my idea Arthur. As a cyclist, just promoting another way of getting to the amex, as are the club. This is important in view of the new seats. Therefore, your inflamatory comments do not help.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Oh give up would you!
Ah, the wit of a man with no come back. Clearly unable to accept I have a point and his argument is flawed.

I've never once seen a car driving on the pavement. I've only very rarely seen a car jump a red light, I must see 10 cyclists a day doing this! Parking in cycle lanes should be allowed as you aren't paying road tax so therefore have no right to be on the road in the first place, but I think we've covered that bit. I drive and speak on my phone, never had a crash. How many cyclists ride their bikes whilst on the phone? Again I must see this on numerous occasions every single day! I've no idea how many non insured drivers there are, I'm sure it's plenty! How many cyclists have insurance? Granted it's not a legal requirement, but it should be. Again we've covered this.

Given that we are going round in circles I think I'll leave it there.

Enjoy your push bike ride, hope it doesn't rain!

So you admit to driving illegally, yet want all cyclists banned for cycling illegally. This nullifies all comments you've made and proves that you're just another angry car driver that doesn't like the fact that their precious tin can is slowly becoming a bit of a dinosaur.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
UPDATE ON THE BIKE TRAIN TO THE AMEX - SATURDAY, 21st April.
Despite some of the 'doom and gloom' on here, this has been an amazing first season at the Amex.
If anyone fancies coming to the match by bicycle on Saturday (including Arthur), the final details are below.
Assemble at The Level at 1.00pm (flags available to fix to bikes) for 1.30pm departure.
Join at any point along the route (Lewes Rd / A270). Pick up at Moulsecoomb Library at 1.45pm
Bring working bike - Dr Bike service available at The Level for quick check-up
Bring Seagulls colours if poss.
All welcome - this will be a family-friendly ride, so children welcome.
All participants will be entered into a raffle (first prize - BMX Bike with B&H Albion colours and motif)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How far actually is it?
And I know this is a counter intuitive question, but is there parking at the level?

Jnr could never cycle from home, but he might make it from the start line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here