Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bike train to the Amex - 21st April

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't know (I gave up my push bike when I packed in my paper round like normal people do) but I assume a bike train is just a load of hippies in a convoy of push bikes? If so daft idea, all you'll end up doing is pissing off the road users who have much more of a right to be there having paid road tax or cab/bus fair.

If the government asked me to pay ten pound a year cycle road tax I would pay it, along with my road tax I already pay on the car.

However I would expect more cycle lanes to be put in place for this.

The perception of cyclists is all wrong. A lot of us do own cars, and a lot of us follow the highway code, and we don't vote for the green party lol.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have been promoting cycling to The Amex since before this season began. I've also been asked by the club to contact them at the end of the season with regards to looking into the possibility of Bikeability courses being held at The Amex. It has been encouraging to see more people cycling to home games as this really the easiest way to get to and from the ground. No queuing for buses, trains, no traffic jams getting out of the car park plus it is great exercise. GET ON YOUR BIKE!!!!

I have cycled to nearly every game. As the reasons stated above. Much quicker to get home and less hassle, plus its a bit of exercise. I am proud of the fact that this club probably has the most amount of people cycling to matches. That's got to be good news in support of the application for extra seating.

If the government asked me to pay ten pound a year cycle road tax I would pay it, along with my road tax I already pay on the car.

However I would expect more cycle lanes to be put in place for this.

The perception of cyclists is all wrong. A lot of us do own cars, and a lot of us follow the highway code, and we don't vote for the green party lol.

I'm not paying road tax for my bike, I pay over £200 a year road tax for a car I do less than 1000 miles a year in, that's due to the fact I don't use the f***ing thing every time" I want to get my fat arse to the co op to buy lottery tickets and fags (parking in disabled bays in the process as i'm only gonna be a couple of minutes)"

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm not paying road tax for my bike, I pay over £200 a year road tax for a car I do less than 1000 miles a year in, that's due to the fact I don't use the f***ing thing every time" I want to get my fat arse to the co op to buy lottery tickets and fags (parking in disabled bays in the process as i'm only gonna be a couple of minutes)"

If the government was going to promote a proper programme for cycle lanes, paying something to ride my bike on them would not bother me. It means we have proper dedicated lanes, and therefore no cars drivers trying to pick a fight with you just because they hate cyclists.

If the government was going to promote a proper programme for cycle lanes, paying something to ride my bike on them would not bother me. It means we have proper dedicated lanes, and therefore no cars drivers trying to pick a fight with you just because they hate cyclists.

95% of my 8 mile journey to work is on cycle lanes, that doesn't stop items and abuse hurled at me just for a laugh, and as for the cycle lane from the seafront to Preston Circus via St Peters, it's a death trap, In 4 months, I've come off once, witnessed two others come off, a motocyclist has been killed and a pedestrian ran over by a bus all within about 100 yds

D

Deleted member 22389

95% of my 8 mile journey to work is on cycle lanes, that doesn't stop items and abuse hurled at me just for a laugh, and as for the cycle lane from the seafront to Preston Circus via St Peters, it's a death trap, In 4 months, I've come off once, witnessed two others come off, a motocyclist has been killed and a pedestrian ran over by a bus all within about 100 yds

I agree with the abuse. I have had items thrown at me as well for no reason, been sworn at, shouted at. It pisses me off with this new system of giving priority to cars where these new islands are now being placed in the road. For some reason cars coming the other way don't think the rule applies to cyclists as well, so they squeeze past you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Another reason to join the BikeTrain - you can get a 'tow' from other cyclists which makes it easier, especially against the wind.

Good luck with this, I come the other way from Lewes else I would join in.

PG

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
er . . how exactly? Enjoy the traffic jams.

Very few of them obey the highway code (jumping lights, cycling on the path etc etc).
The self righteousness of allot you.
Lycra, just wrong!

Was very nearly run over again last night when I left work by some wanker who didn't feel the red light applied to him.

Jams won't affect me as I'll be coming from Lewes I expect. Feel for the poor people coming from the other way.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Very few of them obey the highway code (jumping lights, cycling on the path etc etc).
Lycra, just wrong!

Was very nearly run over again last night when I left work by some wanker who didn't feel the red light applied to him.

Jams won't affect me as I'll be coming from Lewes I expect. Feel for the poor people coming from the other way.

SOME people are idiots, however they travel. I've seen pedestrians, cyclists, car drivers, bus drivers, motorbike riders, lorry drivers, taxi drivers and van drivers do dangerous things and illegal things on a daily basis.

Tarring ALL members of any group is simply wrong, and implies that other groups don't behave like that. It also makes those who DO behave properly think "what's the point? Why should I bother to obey the rules of the road when people swear at me and say I shouldn't be on the road simply because of my choice of vehicle?"

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Lycra, just wrong!

Very few cars obey the highway code. Are you Lee Addison in disguise?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I really enjoy cycling. Most afternoons as I head back from work I see a fat man in a red jacket walking obliviously into the road so I swerve as close to him as possible to give him a scare. I asked someone why he keeps doing it and apparently some people are so adamant cyclists aren't legitimate road users they can't believe they are there and their brain deletes the cyclist from their perception to prevent aneurysm.
Maybe if I actually hit him it'll remove the blinkers.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I really enjoy cycling. Most afternoons as I head back from work I see a fat man in a red jacket walking obliviously into the road so I swerve as close to him as possible to give him a scare. I asked someone why he keeps doing it and apparently some people are so adamant cyclists aren't legitimate road users they can't believe they are there and their brain deletes the cyclist from their perception to prevent aneurysm.
Maybe if I actually hit him it'll remove the blinkers.

Take some pepper spray with you and spray in his direction as you go past. lol

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
It is 3.5 miles to the Amex from the Level and about 2.5 from Mithras House. There will be cycle stewards at the front, middle and end and the journey will be at a leisurely pace and take about 30mins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is 3.5 miles to the Amex from the Level and about 2.5 from Mithras House. There will be cycle stewards at the front, middle and end and the journey will be at a leisurely pace and take about 30mins.
So I guess I could park up at Mitras, ride to the Level, ready for the bike train.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Lycra, just wrong!

Jams won't affect me as I'll be coming from Lewes I expect. I feel for the poor people coming from the other way.

Arthur, put away your stereotypical perceptions about cyclists and come and join us, you might surprise yourself! Do you really think a few cyclists are going to cause a massive jam on a two lane road an hour before kick off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here