Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Mac v Horsham

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jello said:
So do I but on last nights showing he's still short of pace, confidence and touch. When he came on at Hull he looked mean and keen and caused problems. But last night he just didn't look interested. That may be down to the game itself or the conditions.

I would suspect that is the case. He will be fighting for a contract and it must be difficult to motivate yourself first game back in poor conditions. Playing with people almost half your age!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread seems to confirm the widely-held view that McCammon is shit.

I'd like to see him offloaded with McPhee pronto and both of them replaced with ANYONE else, just to give me some hope to cling to!

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
IMO McCammon is unproven still, but likely to be shit when proven.

Can't MM try again at twisting Strachan's arm and convincing him that McCammon at £1.5m is one hell of a bargain. If anyone will buy it, the mad jock will.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Ignoing London Irish who seems to have no clue aobut anything I tihnk we're all in agreement that Big Mac is way of first team standard currently.

For a big lump he can't jump he doesn't have a decent first touch and is way out of his depth at championship level.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
His fitness will have been lacking a bit and you can forgive him a bad touch when he has been out for so long and on a rubbish pitch.

I would still argue he is not good enough to be a professional footballer.

Last edited:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
mac played poorly but in those conditions on that pitch ALL the players on both sides looked sunday league,to give you an idea how dire it was i went for a piss in the second half,the only toilets were in the social club under the main stand,and the club was half full of punters who had paid six pound fifty to watch manure on the telly.and the bar was shut

perfectly good pub opposite (with sky)they could have got in free AND had beer.

we need a target man to make chances for leon and jakey,they have pace and widt, they are good channel runners and leon especially is great at finding space in the box.what we lack is height and power.mac like heskey or crouch will never get a hatfull of goals but he gives us an option.

judge him on last night?

then magee has got to be totally wrong as a manager.he has seen enough to sign him twice

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
What I saw of Big Mac he was poor last night. I left at halftime.
It was crap.
The only highlight was that Cox looked different class and there was some nice link up play with Mayo in the first half.
Also Nobody has mentioned Alexis Nicholas he was truly dire.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
northstandnorth said:
mac played poorly but in those conditions on that pitch ALL the players on both sides looked sunday league,to give you an idea how dire it was i went for a piss in the second half,the only toilets were in the social club under the main stand,and the club was half full of punters who had paid six pound fifty to watch manure on the telly.and the bar was shut

perfectly good pub opposite (with sky)they could have got in free AND had beer.

we need a target man to make chances for leon and jakey,they have pace and widt, they are good channel runners and leon especially is great at finding space in the box.what we lack is height and power.mac like heskey or crouch will never get a hatfull of goals but he gives us an option.

judge him on last night?

then magee has got to be totally wrong as a manager.he has seen enough to sign him twice

Only Mcghee and LI seem to rate him, thats including Millwall and Brentford

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
well northstandnorth, that's exactly why Horsham need a new ground as well!
Just like Lewes DC, there are too many nimbys in Horsham who don't want a new ground built.
To keep the hordes of travelling fans out of there back gardens?

btw.....read the totally biased review..fair tho!
http://www.hornetsreview.co.uk/

tinx said:
Ignoing London Irish who seems to have no clue aobut anything I tihnk we're all in agreement that Big Mac is way of first team standard currently.

Well, isn't it lovely that the usual suspect anti-McCammon goons are all in agreement?

It'll make it all the more sweeter when he runs out in the stripes shortly :lolol:

KinkyGoebels said:
Why was he not allowed on the team bus at Burnley? remind me again

That Magoo is a terrible man manager who starts pointless conflicts with players just to show them whose boss and to make a worthless point :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh, sorry Kinky, I forgot, we're only allowed that excuse for Leon Knight's indiscipline :jester: :lol:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
sullyshuffle said:
well northstandnorth, that's exactly why Horsham need a new ground as well!
Just like Lewes DC, there are too many nimbys in Horsham who don't want a new ground built.
To keep the hordes of travelling fans out of there back gardens?

btw.....read the totally biased review..fair tho!
http://www.hornetsreview.co.uk/

no part of my post found fault with horsham or the ground.it made a change to be under a ROOF in the pooring rain,my point was that the game was so poor punters who had paid to be there watched the box instead

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:

It'll make it all the more sweeter when he runs out in the stripes shortly :lolol:

Wouldn't it be sweeter if he ran out in the stripes and played really well?

So you want money where my mouth is do you?

Ok, I bet you £10 McCammon does not score more than 5 goals this season. The bet is null and void if he starts less than 10 games.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
OK - my thoughts on last night - and yes LI and UB I was there.

Poor game, Albion should have won the game in the first half when they had 80% of the ball, but with the exception of Cox we really created very little. Cox blasted over from 8 yards out right on the stroke of half time.Horsham Keeper was excellent, as saved 3 one on ones. Pitch awful,(even before the rain it was very bobbly) weather worse than awful.

Senior Players:

Mayo - reasonsable first half, playing behind Cox, so had to cover up a bit more than usual, however probably not unlike playing behind Frutos. At fault for the goal - game the ball away going forward and was therefore out of position. 6.5/10

French Keeper: Flapped at a couple of corners in the first half, HEADED one off the line from a 'backpass' and made one excellent save in the seconh half from Jamie Taylor. Good Kicking/Throwing, couldn't br faulted for the goal IMO 7/10

Nicholas: Poor, very poor. Maybe it was the weather but he didn't look interested, does nothing creative, more sideways passing than Ray Wilkins. Subbed after an hour or so- he looked delighted. No where near good enough for the Championship on this showing.5/10

Mac : I'm loathe to completley slag the bloke off cos it's the first game he's played since August but he was piss poor. In the first half we were caught offside 7 times, and he was responsible for 5 of those. More worrying was that the Horham centre half won everything in the air, despite being probably 4 or 5 inches shorter than him. I watched him very carefully and his spring/jump is not good - he really doesn't get off the ground enough. Just Fitness maybe or am I being optimistic?

He also missed 2 sitters, one in extra time was really bad - no more than 6 or 7 yards out. Is he the answer to our lack of goals - well on this showing no way, but at least he got though120 minutes - his first touch hasn't improved and he still can't shoot. Also got the impression he didn't really fancy it last night.

Whatever we are paying him it is too much. 4.5/10

Others:

Cox looked lively, Elphiks (both played Centre Backs) looked solid. May at Right back was ok as well - reminded me of El Abd, but more comfortable on the ball and better distribution.

Where was the Argie?

Is Rents injured ?

Why didn't Gatting play?

Lardy Army 8/10

the full harris said:
Wouldn't it be sweeter if he ran out in the stripes and played really well?

So you want money where my mouth is do you?

Ok, I bet you £10 McCammon does not score more than 5 goals this season. The bet is null and void if he starts less than 10 games.

:lolol: We are one game away from the halfway point of this season. Which have our current strikers have matched that feat of scoring six goals? :lolol:

So, thanks for your generous bet. At least Trigger knows you ain't going to be taking his job any time soon :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
:lolol: We are one game away from the halfway point of this season. Which have our current strikers have matched that feat of scoring six goals? :lolol:

So, thanks for your generous bet. At least Trigger knows you ain't going to be taking his job any time soon :lolol:

So even you dont back him to score

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
That Magoo is a terrible man manager who starts pointless conflicts with players just to show them whose boss and to make a worthless point :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh, sorry Kinky, I forgot, we're only allowed that excuse for Leon Knight's indiscipline :jester: :lol:

Difference is we missed Leon, most people forgot about mccammon :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here