Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Mac v Horsham

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
You know what? I think I'll wait to hear about Big Mac from a less biased source than you, someone, perhaps, who hadn't already last season decided he was shit

McCammon is 27 years old. He's developed as much as a footballer as he's ever going to. If he was shit last season, he'll be shit this season. Safe to say he'll be shit next season too. Same strengths, same weaknesses.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
London Irish said:
Oh look, here's one of your analytical opinions of Big Mac from earlier this year.

You know what? I think I'll wait to hear about Big Mac from a less biased source than you, someone, perhaps, who hadn't already last season decided he was shit :thumbsup:

So becaus eI tohught he was shit last year, I'm not allowed to think he was shit this year.

I have never seen him play well this season last season or ever so why should I praise him or even expect him to come good because he won't.

And if he does I will apologise but I tihnk ther eis very very little chance of that happening.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ok Steve, lets make it a little more realistic.

If he scores more than 3 goals this season ill pay £10 into the latest club fund.

If he plays more than 15 games I will do the same

If he starts more than 5 it will be the same again.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
tinx said:
So becaus eI tohught he was shit last year, I'm not allowed to think he was shit this year.
It's not about that tinx, you should know the real issue is that you are disagreeing with London Irish, something you just can't do, nobody is allowed to have a different opinion to him, come on, you really should know that by now?...

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Actually what you said is very balanced and really outlines why we should not have signed him, lack of a first touch, lack of decent shot, kind of things that are needed in a striker.

He is well worth the pittance we paid for him and the wages we give him, and he contributed well in many games last season. If he had the extra attributes you outline there, he would be up there with the likes of Akinbiyi and out of our range.

He gave 100 per cent in all the games I saw, I would not be supporting him otherwise if he didn't, so your assessment of his workrate is unfair. Yes, he looked far more tired after his viral illness post-Reading home game, but you have to appreciate how quickly he was rushed back from that illness, compared with the likes of El Abd, who barely featured again for months after his similar illness.

Maybe some of the intelligence of his work up front can be criticised, his ability to anticipate play and time his runs, for example, which was what McGhee was having a go at him for at Burnley. But alas that's a criticism you can level at a lot of our strikers and is probably the reason why Big Mac will now get his chance again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
He is well worth the pittance we paid for him and the wages we give him, and he contributed well in many games last season. If he had the extra attributes you outline there, he would be up there with the likes of Akinbiyi and out of our range.

He gave 100 per cent in all the games I saw, I would not be supporting him otherwise if he didn't, so your assessment of his workrate is unfair. Yes, he looked far more tired after his viral illness post-Reading home game, but you have to appreciate how quickly he was rushed back from that illness, compared with the likes of El Abd, who barely featured again for months after his similar illness.

Maybe some of the intelligence of his work up front can be criticised, his ability to anticipate play and time his runs, for example, which was what McGhee was having a go at him for at Burnley. But alas that's a criticism you can level at a lot of our strikers and is probably the reason why Big Mac will now get his chance again.

As I have allready mentioned a few times the strikers are not the problem its the defence, letting in too many goals in certain games.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

McGhee said at the fans forum that McCammon was not likely to figure that much this season (or words to that effect), however as nothing else is working, he is likely to be thrown back in at some point. I personally am not sure that he is the answer, but if he proves a number of us wrong, then so be it.

tinx said:

And what superhuman powers do you think I have that can magically stop you saying what you want on NSC?

The point is somewhat different - that if you've trashed him in a fairly OTT fashion in the past, you are not going to be much of an impartial source on his comeback game, are you?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
And what superhuman powers do you think I have that can magically stop you saying what you want on NSC?

The point is somewhat different - that if you've trashed him in a fairly OTT fashion in the past, you are not going to be much of an impartial source on his comeback game, are you?

There is a blantent exampe of people changing there views on a player, Step forward mr Butters, So your claim that people cant change there views on players is rubbish.

I've only seen him two or three times and not been impressed, but surely the most important factor is that MM seems to rate him. As he's the manager and an ex striker I'm happy to give the guy a chance.
If nothing else, he's a different type of player to those that we are using at the moment, and for whatever reason they aren't setting the world on fire.
If he doesn't produce the goods after 3 or 4 starts then fine, but up until then I'd give him a chance.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Cadiz Seagull said:
I've only seen him two or three times and not been impressed, but surely the most important factor is that MM seems to rate him. As he's the manager and an ex striker I'm happy to give the guy a chance.
If nothing else, he's a different type of player to those that we are using at the moment, and for whatever reason they aren't setting the world on fire.
If he doesn't produce the goods after 3 or 4 starts then fine, but up until then I'd give him a chance.

Mcghee also rated Malango and El turi.....

KinkyGoebels said:
There is a blantent exampe of people changing there views on a player, Step forward mr Butters, So your claim that people cant change there views on players is rubbish.

And you think NSC changed its collective view on Butters after one reserve game on a bog pitch somewhere? :jester:

KinkyGoebels said:
Mcghee also rated Malango and El turi.....

Once Malongo got out of the team, he never got back in, that's the difference with Big Mac.

KinkyGoebels said:
Nope they did when they saw him try, something ive yet to see m force do :glare:

I know you've run out of arguments when you lapse back on to this "he doesn't try" bullshit :)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I hope he proves all his doubters wrong.
So do I but on last nights showing he's still short of pace, confidence and touch. When he came on at Hull he looked mean and keen and caused problems. But last night he just didn't look interested. That may be down to the game itself or the conditions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here