Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Mac v Horsham

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Tinx was, he doesn't seem to impressed.

I'll take the view of Paul Camillin, ta, who referred to him as the one positive of the game :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
hornet said:
Well no we're not, we know our level and it's no where near your level but we certainly had more desire to win the game which is the reason that we won!

No offence to Horsham but we should be beating the likes of them....:dunce:

KinkyGoebels said:
Nope just going on views, just like you

Well, I'm waiting to pass judgement until I see him play for the first team - which I don't reckon will be very long now. ;)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
I'll take the view of Paul Camillin, ta, who referred to him as the one positive of the game :)

The positive being that he played for the whole 120 minutes I would assume.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The positive was he didn't get injured again, the negative was he was shit simple fact. It wasn't just he was rusty he just isn't a good footballer.

And I wasn't the only person who thought that in fact everyone near me thought the same.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Oh and I forgot to mention he wa sbeaten in the air most of the time by a bloke about 6 inches shorter than him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Well, I'm waiting to pass judgement until I see him play for the first team - which I don't reckon will be very long now. ;)

Yep I dont disagree, then after about two games he will be back in stiffs, then again even if he decides its best to head to ball over the bar than under it is still the best option im sure he can still expect your backing as a threat in the air.:lolol:

tinx said:
Leon wins more balls in the air than McCammon.

Oh look, here's one of your analytical opinions of Big Mac from earlier this year.

You know what? I think I'll wait to hear about Big Mac from a less biased source than you, someone, perhaps, who hadn't already last season decided he was shit :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Oh look, here's one of your analytical opinions of Big Mac from earlier this year.

You know what? I think I'll wait to hear about Big Mac from a less biased source than you, someone, perhaps, who hadn't already decided he was shit last season :thumbsup:

Do you actually think he is a good footballer?

I know in theory he brings strength and hit to the front line and defenders do not like this.

But do you really think he is a good footballer, does he have a decent touch, can he pass etc?

Last edited:

KinkyGoebels said:
Yep I dont disagree, then after about two games he will be back in stiffs

Do your want another little bet then? That after he gets on the pitch for two games, that he will be out of the 16?

Money where your mouth is? :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

You know what? I think I'll wait to hear about Big Mac from a less biased source than you, someone, perhaps, who hadn't already last season decided he was shit :thumbsup:

Yep maybe because he was shit last year.:lolol:

I like many thought he looked good in his first few games, then we saw the real player, who is, well, not very good.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Do your want another little bet then? That after he gets on the pitch for two games, that he will be out of the 16?

Money where your mouth is? :)

It appears you are displaying your best trait and only answering the bits you want to!;)

Why change a habbit :lol:

Uncle Buck said:
Do you actually think he is a good footballer?

I know in theory he brings strength and hit to the front line and defenders do not like this.

But do you really think he is a good footballer, does he have a decent touch, can he pass etc?

Only Bucky could want me to write more about Big Mac :lolol:

The theory you outline above I think is the reality of his play, he does discomfort defenders a lot. The peurile rubbish written about him not being good in the air is goon talk, he can compete with the best in this league in the air. His first touch is not that good, but he does hold the ball well after that, and his strength makes it very difficult for defenders to dispossess him. Can he pass? Again, not the strongest part of his game, but if you were watching closely in pre-season, his lay-offs looked pretty accurate and an improvement on last season. He will never be prolific because his shooting is indifferent, but he will score the type of goal he got against the likes of Derby, Sunderland and Shrewsbury. This season, he played well in the second half at Hull where he combined all these positives and was also our MOTM at Shrewsbury.

He is still something of a journeyman but given the uneven progress of our younger strikers, he is probably among the best of our available options right now, probably used from the bench as he was at Hull.

He deserves support because negative criticism can impact on a players' confidence. In a perfect world, that shouldn't happen and footballers as individuals should be mentally stronger than that, but alas I don't think that many are.

Support from the Albion faithful could make a big difference to someone like Big Mac.

Are you going to give him a chance, Bucky?

KinkyGoebels said:
It appears you are displaying your best trait and only answering the bits you want to!;)

Why change a habbit :lol:

So that's a no then. Very sensible, your OTT opinions on Oatway have cost you money in the past :)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Only Bucky could want me to write more about Big Mac :lolol:

The theory you outline above I think is the reality of his play, he does discomfort defenders a lot. The peurile rubbish written about him not being good in the air is goon talk, he can compete with the best in this league in the air. His first touch is not that good, but he does hold the ball well after that, and his strength makes it very difficult for defenders to dispossess him. Can he pass? Again, not the strongest part of his game, but if you were watching closely in pre-season, his lay-offs looked pretty accurate and an improvement on last season. He will never be prolific because his shooting is indifferent, but he will score the type of goal he got against the likes of Derby, Sunderland and Shrewsbury. This season, he played well in the second half at Hull where he combined all these positives and was also our MOTM at Shrewsbury.

He is still something of a journeyman but given the uneven progress of our younger strikers, he is probably among the best of our available options right now, probably used from the bench as he was at Hull.

He deserves support because negative criticism can impact on a players' confidence. In a perfect world, that shouldn't happen and footballers as individuals should be mentally stronger than that, but alas I don't think that many are.

Support from the Albion faithful could make a big difference to someone like Big Mac.

Are you going to give him a chance, Bucky?

Actually what you said is very balanced and really outlines why we should not have signed him, lack of a first touch, lack of decent shot, kind of things that are needed in a striker.

Steve, I will support him, if he puts the effort in. I do not mind players that lack that extra bit of talent if they work their arses off (Hart, Crumplin, Barker etc). However McCammon has had a habit of going missing in games when things are not going his way and unlike Knight or Carole, he does not have that extra something that might turn a game, so he has to work for the 90 minutes. If he does that then fine, if he does not, then I will not back him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here