Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Change is A Coming

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Very, very positive news and having a Championship level infrastructure in place which we can then import into the new stadium can only be a good thing.

The whole Dean White and Bob Booker thing is interesting. I would not be to upset to see the back of them but I trust in Russell Slade's judgement and if he wants them around then so be it. What does raise eye-brows is the "Redefining of roles" and although some have made jokes about catering/kit washing jobs it would not be surprising to see them moving onto less high profile tasks such as scouting. Slade can then bring in his own support staff to add to those already in place, albeit in their different roles.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Impressive. It's great to have someone there with a clear vision of how things should be done and is capable of articulating it. It does indeed bode well.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
superb stuff from slade. what i like is that although he looks like a classic 'tracksuit' manager on match days, he's clearly more of a modern 'suited' manager behind the scenes. the perfect mix!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
very impressed

the realisation of his ideas over the course of the summer should be very interesting indeed

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Very, very positive news and having a Championship level infrastructure in place which we can then import into the new stadium can only be a good thing.

The whole Dean White and Bob Booker thing is interesting. I would not be to upset to see the back of them but I trust in Russell Slade's judgement and if he wants them around then so be it. What does raise eye-brows is the "Redefining of roles" and although some have made jokes about catering/kit washing jobs it would not be surprising to see them moving onto less high profile tasks such as scouting. Slade can then bring in his own support staff to add to those already in place, albeit in their different roles.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

I am not so sure about Bob Booker, but Dean White clearly has something about him to be able to get those five loan players in over 4 days. With contacts like that a scouting job would probably suit him best.

Could be an interesting summer (especially next week when Slade returns from holiday).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Very positive stuff - a really refreshing read. The injury list last year was horrendous and Slade must think that more could be done in preventing and treating injuries.

BTW, nicely written piece. I know that no-one will say it because it's by Andy Naylor but I thought it was excellently done.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I am not so sure about Bob Booker, but Dean White clearly has something about him to be able to get those five loan players in over 4 days. With contacts like that a scouting job would probably suit him best.

Could be an interesting summer (especially next week when Slade returns from holiday).

I'm not sure but wasn't he one of our scouts before he entered a coaching role?

Really I think we'll trust in Slade in these matters. I don't think he would of taken the job if he wasn't in control and he seems to know the set up he wants..

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just when I think I can't admire him, love him, worship him any further, he comes out with some more cracking soundbytes and shows he really means business. Obviously that should be expected from a manager, but he seems to take pride and passion in his work to a whole new level.

Agreed.

Russell Slade seems to know very well, the mantra - " Fail to prepare, prepare to fail "

Top man ! :clap2:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Trying to think of who the players will be that will leave the club, surely it can't be any of the first team players such as Whing, Loft, Fraser that he put his faith in over the last few games? So who's getting released then?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Never mind that much vaunted "passion", he is clearly the most intelligent clear-thinking manager we've had, well, ever? Who else comes close? What a GEM we've unearthed there.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Trying to think of who the players will be that will leave the club, surely it can't be any of the first team players such as Whing, Loft, Fraser that he put his faith in over the last few games? So who's getting released then?

But he had to go with them players cause its all we had.It dosn't mean slade will keep them.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Never mind that much vaunted "passion", he is clearly the most intelligent clear-thinking manager we've had, well, ever? Who else comes close? What a GEM we've unearthed there.

In recent times possibly Coppell, before that Nobby Horton put the youth system into place so he deserves a mention.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So far so good but why oh why are people falling over themselves to be at the front of the RS love train!!!

He is saying the right things but needs the full backing of the board financially to deliver them. A championship set up is not going to be cheap. Hopefully the money men on the board have already bought into his plan but Russell Slade will be judged on what he delivers over the next two years and not just the last two months.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
im so pleased we have the fella in charge now, sounds positive and whats more realistic with clear goals.........The Championship & beyond..............lets get behind him,give him time and follow thee Albion :albion2: Through divison two south and into the Championship next season with some luck :yahoo:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm not sure but wasn't he one of our scouts before he entered a coaching role?

Did'nt he move from coaching to scout when Wilkins got moved from youth team coaching up to a main coaching role? Then he got appointed as Wilkins assistant when McGhee & Booker got the sack!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I assumed the reason we didn't already have a Championship set-up was that we didn't have the resources for that sort of structure.

One must ask why not when we have flirted with The Championship so much in recent years. Was it dismantled when we were relegated? Which if so was very short sighted and shows lack of ambition to return.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

You do wonder if Dick has done his usual thing of wanting to retain the backroom staff so made this a condition of Russell signing. I'd be a little disappointed personally as loyality is a great attribute but it must be earnt and I'm not sure DW and BB have earnt that right to stay on. If russell does bring in a new no 2 and others too as backroom staff, then those costs will have to be balanced out elsewhere, maybe in the playing staff!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here