Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Change is A Coming

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
“I think there has to be a separate fitness and conditioning department, rather than personnel sort of having a dabble at different roles. That needs defining and needs to be done properly. I am a great believer that if you do something you have got to do it properly.

“That’s massively on my agenda, to prepare the club from a staffing point of view and off-the-field as well as on the field.

Hopefully this means "less jobs for the old boys" and instead filling positions with the best candidate even if they come from outside the club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So far so good but why oh why are people falling over themselves to be at the front of the RS love train!!!

He is saying the right things but needs the full backing of the board financially to deliver them. A championship set up is not going to be cheap. Hopefully the money men on the board have already bought into his plan but Russell Slade will be judged on what he delivers over the next two years and not just the last two months.

BensGrandad must be getting quite worried about losing his 'NSCs Most Negative' title....

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Interesting comments about the medical side. We did seem to have a hell of a lot of injuries this season - was it just bad luck or was our medical setup not as good as it should be?

I'd say it was a bit of both. The Sussex Uni pitches are not great and probably account for a number of minor injuries that we've had in training. But we've also had players who have taken much longer to recover than first thought. This includes Murray, Hart, McLeod, Hawkins and Livermore. He's obviously decided to use Stuart's departure as an excuse to reorganise the whole medical side.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:bowdown:

Russel Slade you are a legend.

Pretty much sums up my feelings after reading that article. He is a brilliant and progressive manager, which still amazes me! I thought so little of the man before the Orient game, but he's come in and he's got things working and now he's going to finally sort out the club off the field so we can improve on it. Oh, Russell Slade. :love:

Dandyman

In London village.
:thumbsup:

Share the general sentiment - delighted to see someone who wants to run things as a professional.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reading between the lines of the Argus story it wouldn't surprise me if DW and BB are offered scouting jobs or coaching the youth set up and reserves. This would enable RS to bring in his own number 2. Now Malcolm Stuart has retired the physio/medical side will be overhauled and again I expect an appointment or two from outside the existing club setup. Next week will reveal which players get an instant P45 after their one to one chat with Russell , which maybe interesting if better quality players are being pencilled in as transfer targets.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Reading between the lines in the article in the programme about Malcolm, i got the impression that maybe Malcolm was persuaded to go now.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Not sure why some people are worried about money for these changes (some of the posts suggest this). RS being the kind of manager he is I doubt he would have come out and said the things he has without knowing he has the boards backing financially. Also I think that the fact he mentions that the "gathering information" needs an overhaul as well and then mentions Booker and White.......it's obvious he is looking to move the two to scouting roles. Could be wrong of course.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
One must ask why not when we have flirted with The Championship so much in recent years. Was it dismantled when we were relegated? Which if so was very short sighted and shows lack of ambition to return.

No, it was never there which is why each time we went up to the Championship we promptly came back down again

Lush

Mods' Pet
Not sure why some people are worried about money for these changes (some of the posts suggest this). RS being the kind of manager he is I doubt he would have come out and said the things he has without knowing he has the boards backing financially. Also I think that the fact he mentions that the "gathering information" needs an overhaul as well and then mentions Booker and White.......it's obvious he is looking to move the two to scouting roles. Could be wrong of course.

'Gathering information' could also be PROPERLY researching the teams we are playing next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here