Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bielsa on his way? (Update, left Leeds "by mutual consent")

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now I understand the recent Brighton results, the players are ensuring that Potter is no longer linked to the top jobs as they become available and Leeds is the biggest job in football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So you would not protect the defence but instead would rely on the attack, which has scored 2 goals in 4 games, to outscore the opposition?

Yup. Their attack has the potential to score 2-3 goals in most games (though it hasnt happen, much because of Bamford missing) while their current defense does not really have the potential to keep a clean sheet in most games.

Anyway, interesting if he is replaced by Jesse Marsch. I listened to all of his football lectures on zoom in the spring of 2020 and he has some interesting ideas.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Wondering how many Leeds fans had Bielsa tattoos……

I suppose he does look like…………… nope they’re buggered

Heres one

FMjBWOGXMAAVuqX.jpg
FMjSVsyXsAMZ-yr.jpg

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Fair enough the fans are going to love him, he got them back to the Prem but ive just never understood the media hype about Bielsa at Leeds. He gets touted as this master tactician but every football fan I know says the same thing about Leeds in that they press a lot but look totally unorganised, leave themselves way too open in defence, and inevitably knacker themselves by 70 minutes. Other managers would be called wreckless and naive for playing like this, but he is seen as visionary. Maybe everyone at Leeds has now finally figured this out.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think this is quite sad but whatever anyone says, it's a results business and it's been a while since their results have been good enough.

Sacking reminds me a lot of Hughton, probably deserved a chance to turn it around but you can see why they've changed it

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think this is quite sad but whatever anyone says, it's a results business and it's been a while since their results have been good enough.

Sacking reminds me a lot of Hughton, probably deserved a chance to turn it around but you can see why they've changed it

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Difference between Brighton and Leeds showing here I think... In Brighton I'm fairly sure he'd keep the job until the end of the season and usually I think that is the best solution with the best opportunity to have a relegation threatened team stay up. But other clubs are more flaky and I think there is a good chance this decision will turn out disastrous for Leeds... which is completely fine.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Was described (by leeds fans at least) as a genius. Unclear exactly what his "genius" is ? Obviously it's not learning to speak English or winning the Premier League so I dunno. Maybe he can fart La Marseillaise or something ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bielsa on his way? (Update, left Leeds "by mutual consent")

Jessica Marsh could still take them relegated, people should not get too down, especially with no opportunity to bring in reinforcements to an insanely small, knackered and injured squad. They obviously did well in Austria but were totally out of their depth in the Bundesliga with Leipzig. We could find that Jess really can’t handle the intensity of the EPL too.

“Marsh, a former United States midfielder, left Leipzig by mutual consent in December five months after taking charge. They were previously at Red Bull Salzburg, where they won two Austrian league titles and two domestic cups.”

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I hope that it turns out was in fact an excellent manager (I think that he has done a pretty good job with their squad) and whoever follows him doesn't do as good a job. Watching them go down would be funny.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Going to bed last night the radio was talking more about Bielsa than the Russians. Is he or isn't he leaving?
Get up this morning and it's like I dreamt it all. Nothing anywhere. Expected huge headlines on SSN but they've not mentioned it.
So did he leave?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Going to bed last night the radio was talking more about Bielsa than the Russians. Is he or isn't he leaving?
Get up this morning and it's like I dreamt it all. Nothing anywhere. Expected huge headlines on SSN but they've not mentioned it.
So did he leave?

They’re holding discussions with the buckets representatives this morning. I’m told it’s complex due to the sponsorship clauses involved. After that they will start discussions with bielsa.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's not physically feasible for any South American to survive a 6 month Yorkshire winter. Bielsa will be heading back home to warm up and get dried off, Raphinha already booking his one way flight to (Real) Madrid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here