[Albion] BHAFC Transfer Rumor Tracker

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Most of the americanisations are the original English spellings. They mostly haven't changed the spellings that were taken over there in the 1700s.
Not always true, a lot were down to the cost of printing and the creation of ‘boilerplate’ articles (which were created for one newspaper and sold to others through metal printing plates) so less letters in words meant it cost less To print and send. So like everything American it is driven by capatalism

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not always true, a lot were down to the cost of printing and the creation of ‘boilerplate’ articles (which were created for one newspaper and sold to others through metal printing plates) so less letters in words meant it cost less To print and send. So like everything American it is driven by capatalism
Is that the American spelling?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dagan

Jul 1, 2023
This is really well done and looks to be an enjoyable thread. I can't see politics getting into this one.
One thing, can someone or the original poster explain why the height column is of any significance to a potential target?
Thank you.

Last summer, I tracked height and weight, but weight was often harder to find (or at a minimum added an extra step or two (finding it and converting it)), so I only included height this year. I chose to share those physical details, because I thought some people would care to know. Perhaps one without the other is less helpful, but I didn't feel like it was worth the extra work. This thing takes up a chunk of time as it is. Last year, I maintained separate tabs by position as well, but again, making sure to copy and paste any change into multiple tabs just added more time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Minor point but the values and wages on Transfermkt are absolute nonsense.

The wage/week is also a bit pointless. It would be better to either leave it blank, or put what their expected wage is. I think Minteh might be getting a bit more than £4,230 a week. Gruda's £1,940 looks spot on though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here