Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC Transfer Rumor Tracker

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No team can afford to get into a bidding war with TB during this season.

When the rules change (next season?), the big clubs will have a clean slate and be able to start decimating our squad again.
It's almost as if Tony's spending spree and bloated squad, of developable players, has been perfectly timed......
The lizard knows how to play the field

Seagull Stew

With that kind of resources/money, Taking the roof off and putting extra tiers at both ends wouldn't be impossible.
It only cost £93Million to build the entire stadium
I'm no engineer, but it doesn't look like the type of stadium where you can simply take the roof off an add extra stands at both ends. If anything it would probably need to be "raised" by the same height all around. Surely you couldn't do one or two stands at a time.

Although, I'm guessing that it's not actually possible to raise the roof at all.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I'm no engineer, but it doesn't look like the type of stadium where you can simply take the roof off an add extra stands at both ends. If anything it would probably need to be "raised" by the same height all around. Surely you couldn't do one or two stands at a time.

Although, I'm guessing that it's not actually possible to raise the roof at all.
Owusu could do it.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022

I don't think planning laws allow it to be any higher, if you needed to add, you'd have to dig down and lower the pitch.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With that kind of resources/money, Taking the roof off and putting extra tiers at both ends wouldn't be impossible.
£93m back then at todays building & material prices you can double that amount.
The Buckingham group went under because of price rises in building costs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Except it’s been stated multiple times by the club that there’s no ability to expand the current stadium

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Sky Sports are still going on about gilmour leaving for napoli on deadline day.
WTF. No chance, now that we have lost our potentially best Midfielder for the whole season.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
From Sky :
Burnley are in talks with Brighton to sign Jeremy Sarmiento.

What has he done to deserve that?
Other then freeing up wages for 1 more big signing coming in, Doesn't make sense.
I Would of thought our strength in squad needs to be left as it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here