Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You're right that RDZ coached all sort of bravery and risk taking out of Websters game. It turned him from being a good/sometimes great ball playing defender to being a (at best) bang average "normal" defender.

Mondays are painful enough as they are. I'm not really in the mood to spend the day watching clips of us defending under De Zerbi.
How did you find the whole “being a Chelsea follower” thing, during GP’s reign? Was it fun/exciting to be associated with a big club and its rich variety of fans?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
How did you find the whole “being a Chelsea follower” thing, during GP’s reign? Was it fun/exciting to be associated with a big club and its rich variety of fans?
It sucked balls and talking to their fans was as shit as watching their games. I celebrated when he was sacked and at that point I hadn't bothered to watch them for a month or so.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It sucked balls and talking to their fans was as shit as watching their games. I celebrated when he was sacked and at that point I hadn't bothered to watch them for a month or so.
I’m not surprised their fans don’t seem to be particularly pleasant on the whole..

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Webster thing is a bit of a myth - he was perfectly fine when he came back in at the end of the season when we beat Villa & drew with Newcastle
Not a myth, a tendency that seemed apparent, but maybe no longer applies. To be honest, Dunk took a couple of games to get back up to his level last time he was out for a few games.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
35 mill thanks for Simon.

I have no doubts Mr Bloom will want more.
As a minimum, we’d surely want his fee to cover the purchase of Minteh, Osman and ACD?

We’d also be looking at around £30m+ for Groß & Undav?

The summer sales have not started at our player shop but surely our outgoings will start happening soon.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
As a minimum, we’d surely want his fee to cover the purchase of Minteh, Osman and ACD?

We’d also be looking at around £30m+ for Groß & Undav?

The summer sales have not started at our player shop but surely our outgoings will start happening soon.
I fully expect the purchase of ACD to be covered by the next purchase of a vegan KitKat.

Edit: or are you referring to the development compensation Arsenal would be entitled to for an out of contract youth player?

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Posting this here, as it seems the “thread of best fit” to ask in, is there any sign of an RB/RWB? It feels to me like the only position left in the squad where strengthening for this season is 100% necessary, albeit with CB a possible if Hürzeler doesn’t like what he sees from Webster/Igor.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Posting this here, as it seems the “thread of best fit” to ask in, is there any sign of an RB/RWB? It feels to me like the only position left in the squad where strengthening for this season is 100% necessary, albeit with CB a possible if Hürzeler doesn’t like what he sees from Webster/Igor.
Allegedly we are interested in the Turkish RB Karioglu. Could be difficult to snap up though.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We'll see I guess. The right back market is not very fun this summer (just like last one) and it would most likely need to be someone who firmly pushes Lamptey & Veltman aside. Would not be surprised if we stick with them and Hinshelwood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here