Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA - Average Attendance: 20,196 Crystal Palace - Average Attendance: 15,109

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
how many turned up for your league cup match against middlesborough, 5800 wasnt it, now thats what you call pathetic
In fairness hadn't they already played Middlesborough in the league the previous Saturday? Also I guess most Palace fans are exactly the same as Brighton fans, i.e. don't give a toss about the Cups. If they'd been playing Liverpool in a shiny new ground having spent most of the last twenty years stomping around the bottom two division I bet they would have had a decent gate as well.

I'm with mcshane in the 79th, pathetic thread. I'd like to see what our attendances will be like next season when the novelty of the Amex wears off and if we're mid-table (or lower) in the Championship.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think you could justifiably argue that the gap is rather small given we are playing in a spanking new stadium that everyone has waited for for 14 years and they are playing in a sack of shit.

Frankly I am surprised they are that close, so nothing to gloat about. Lets see what it's like next season if we're still in the championship and not at the top.

Brilliant, just what we needed, another Brighton v Palace attendance wanking thread

Agree, it's f***ing sad. Why not wait until next season to judge?

So what if they got 6 thousand against Middlesborough in the CareLess Cup? Does anyone here seriously think we'd have any more then that if we drew them in the same competition AFTER the first season at Falmer?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What moron started this thread. Who gives a f*** whether we have a bigger average than palace. Fact is they beat us on our turf and I could't care less whether we had an average 10 times that it counts for nothing if we lose to them on the pitch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What moron started this thread. Who gives a f*** whether we have a bigger average than palace. Fact is they beat us on our turf and I could't care less whether we had an average 10 times that it counts for nothing if we lose to them on the pitch.

All of this I'm afraid. It's straw clutching in the extreme.

Can we just forget about them until January please.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Agree with this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was more looking at the fair play table. Are we really as dirty as Portsmouth?

As I pointed out in the other thread, probably not.

Against Leeds, for example, both sides received 5 yellow cards. We committed eight fouls, they committed 18.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was more looking at the fair play table. Are we really as dirty as Portsmouth?

some of our yellow cards have been minor infringements such as time wasting and dissent

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I think that your gates are pretty good, but you've obviously done a superb marketing job in the first year. I also think it's a good base for the future, even if you shed 2k next year.

Our gates have been in decline for a while due to the ground, prices, admin etc. I think we might see a minor resurgence with the kids coming through, a few results and Brighton, Millwall and Soton to come. But will probably only average 16k tops for the season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think that your gates are pretty good, but you've obviously done a superb marketing job in the first year. I also think it's a good base for the future, even if you shed 2k next year.

Our gates have been in decline for a while due to the ground, prices, admin etc. I think we might see a minor resurgence with the kids coming through, a few results and Brighton, Millwall and Soton to come. But will probably only average 16k tops for the season.

How much is a ticket for the Holmesdale End out of interest?

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Nice to have you back Paulie, one of the few Palace who doesn't just come on here after you've beaten us!

16k wouldn't be too bad for your lot,I'd be happy with that if we were still in the Championship in 5 years time. Remember football ain't cheap, especially for those without ST (Last Saturday Ipswich at £32.00 for an advance ticket - £38.00 for pay on the day!) It's really difficult to say how our crowds will go - sure we'll lose a few at the end of this season who can't be arsed with the hassel of the transport etc, but there are a lot of others who missed out this year on ST (waiting list approx 1,200) who will hope fully replace those who give their STs up. Gone are the days with 'kids for a quid at Albion games'

Best thing Albion did was make payments for ST interest free over 12 months. Less than the cost of Sky TV to sit in a quality Stadium.

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON

I do think the £33-40 + interest free per month over the year helped a great deal,in fairness it's a nice touch for the chairman to try and fill the stadium but Bha fans keep bleating on about 20+ average how many are little kids that go with Daddy? I see loads of them milling around Litttehampton,Hove, Local train stations , if you continue to lose games and the wheels fall off the season Att will drop to 15k tops and if there's a God and you go back down to L1 it's back to 10k max :clap: hear my prayer lord hear my prayer:D:O

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Palace are absolute tin pot compared to us and they know it. We're going in opposite directions, and yours is down. Bye bye!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here