Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best/Worst Away Venue

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Not including Millenium stadium or Palace.

Take into account the

Quality of the ground
Ease to get to
Boozers
Place

For me;

Best - Millwall

Dead easy to get to. Drinks in Borough Market. Nice ground and a decent atmosphere.

Worst - (I'm not going to say Port Vale as the atmosphere was superb when I last went due to it being a promotion party! However, it is still a very depressing place to visit)

Swindon Town - Not a short away trip but not too bad however the ground is open for the away fans so hard to get an atmosphere going. Boozers near ground are poor and town centre is grey, depressing and doesn't like football fans.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Withdean on all counts

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Withdean on all counts

The clue is in the question;

Best/Worst AWAY venue

:dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Uncle Buck said:
If Swindon is your worst then you have not been to that many away venues.

How about Barnet? Exeter? Luton? Oldham? To name a few.

Without this turning into a "I've been to more grounds than you so nah na na naaaa naaa!" I've been to Luton and the ground is covered and compact with a decent atmosphere. I agree Luton as a place is a complete arm pit but I was offering my opinion on the whole shabang!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lammy said:
Without this turning into a "I've been to more grounds than you so nah na na naaaa naaa!" I've been to Luton and the ground is covered and compact with a decent atmosphere. I agree Luton as a place is a complete arm pit but I was offering my opinion on the whole shabang!

You have to go through somebodies kitchen to get to the away end.

How about Blackpool?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Agree with Oldham, hate Stoke - too cold and they are horrible fans, still dislike Ninian despite the "improvements" and burnley is a hole.

Like Luton, especially the walkway across peoples gardens

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Uncle Buck said:
You have to go through somebodies kitchen to get to the away end.

How about Blackpool?

LOL I actually like that about Luton! The fact you have to go through what looks like someone's front door to get in is CHARATER.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Uncle Buck said:
The one good thing about Burnley is the Mininstry of Ale. Decent beer and cider and pie, peas and gravy for £2!!!!

Just give us your best and worst UB!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Best - Sunderland was special
Worst - Stoke (everytime)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Oldham is probably my most hated. Nothing good about the place and some kid tried to sell me a BMX outside a pub at 1030am. Only ground where I have been once and I am sure there was a wooley mamoth in the car park the first time and the next time it was 38 degrees. Special mentions have to go to Plymouth before they rebuilt it, always used to be dodgy getting out there and past visits to Cardiff. Oh and Colchester was never a barrel of laughs.

Favourite, Sappora Dome....

In this country, of the new grounds Sunderland is the best by a mile and I got to see Turkey beaten 2-0 there. For some reason I always used to enjoy trips to Darlington. The train journey was good for a drink, a couple of decent boozers in the market square and we always got a result when I went. This season Derby has been the best drink.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Uncle Buck said:
The one good thing about Burnley is the Mininstry of Ale. Decent beer and cider and pie, peas and gravy for £2!!!!

Cause I normally travel with my 13 year old I am stuck with pubs which let kids in. At Burnley we went into one of those horrible northern beefeater things AGGGH, they did have a bar in the ground though, so its ok.

Worst away for me is Stoke then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here