Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best/Worst Away Venue

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I can't believe people are saying Stoke is the worst venue in the country. What a load of nonsense.

My top five venues would be:

1) Madejski Stadium, Reading
2) Elland Road, Leeds
3) JJB Stadium, Wigan
4) Molineux, Wolves
5) Ewood Park, Blackburn

My five worst venues are all gone now, thankfully:

1) The County Ground, Northampton
2) The Vetch Field, Swansea
3) Springfield Park, Wigan
4) Plough Lane, Wimbledon
5) Somerton Park, Newport

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Arthur said:
Also can't believe no one has mentioned Macclesfield, worst toilets I've EVER been in!!

Spot on mate. Not only was there three inches of piss on the floor, they'd kindly taken all the lights out so you couldn't actually find the shallow bits to walk in.

Brentford and Hartlepool get low marks as well for having police that thought I'd rather be outside the ground than in it.

With Brighton, Darlington and Plymouth always provided good days out but my personal favourite is Villa Park. A proper ground with loads of character.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I can't believe people are saying Stoke is the worst venue in the country. What a load of nonsense.

It must be the coldest ground in the country (well maybe Oldham is colder) draughty, we always lose there, and it has some nasty nasty fans.
Soulless and miserable. It may have 'decent' facilities but it is still a terrible place to go.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Arthur said:
Also can't believe no one has mentioned Macclesfield, worst toilets I've EVER been in!!

surley Shrewsbury must be the worst

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The worst ladies toilets must be at Valley Parade.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Yorkie said:
The worst ladies toilets must be at Valley Parade.

Now theres an unpleasant ground. (Can't vouch for the ladies toilets though!). It just looks stupid and half thought out. Its massive in one corner but then drops away until you reach the away end which must be the cheapest stand ever built.

1066gull

Can't hardly class Madjeski as crap. It was awesome, but I can't compare with it with any because I ahven't been to any else yet!

I probably am going to Portman Road this season but that ain't finalised. Maybe Luton but very very much doubt it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
Oldham is probably my most hated. Nothing good about the place and some kid tried to sell me a BMX outside a pub at 1030am. Only ground where I have been once and I am sure there was a wooley mamoth in the car park the first time and the next time it was 38 degrees.

I have to agree with Oldham, miserable ground being so windy, miserable fans and a miserable town. A real trek to get to.

Best, well, let me see. Frankly I don't mind Watford. Not a great but then not a bad stadium. Easy enough to get to and their fans are okay too.

Oct 25, 2003
luton is a vile place, vile area, shit ground, they ran out of food, you can't sit down, we played shit

sunderland was bloody good, great ground, ridiculously long trip up there, it was colder there during the game than it was when we got back to brighton at about midnight

however, the best ground that i will ever see brighton play at(except future trips to the new wembley) is the millenium stadium

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
1066Seagull said:
Can't hardly class Madjeski as crap. It was awesome, but I can't compare with it with any because I ahven't been to any else yet!

I probably am going to Portman Road this season but that ain't finalised. Maybe Luton but very very much doubt it.

I would class the Madjeski as crap as I would all new plastic looking souless stadiums such as Leicester, Stoke, Derby, etc.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Timbo said:
Now theres an unpleasant ground. (Can't vouch for the ladies toilets though!). It just looks stupid and half thought out. Its massive in one corner but then drops away until you reach the away end which must be the cheapest stand ever built.

I used to quite like going to Bradford. The Corn Dolley near Forester Square Station is a cracking pub, we tended to get something out of the games up there and if we had time afterwards, the curries were superb.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
On the Left Wing said:
Best: Stadium of Light (Sunderland)
Worst: Grimsby (or worst ever: the Shay, Halifax)

Right, if anyone else says Grimsby I'll start getting cross. Quality town and a proper football ground!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I can't believe how many people are voting for Sunderland?

Whilst I agree its a damn fine stadium that is about it!

It is an absolute bastard to get to, the ground is less that half full too!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
RoyalAli said:
Will Falmer be Crap, because it will sure as hell be new, and plastic looking?

My Best is probably Norwich
Cheap tickets, reasonably good view, good atmosphere, and close to the city centre.

The worst would have to be the Vetch, but as that is gone now, Macclesfield.

The problem with the Sick Fucker Shagging Cilla Stadium is the fact that it is in Reading, simple really.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Best - Sheffield United (Mainly due to the fact the away fans tower over all the home fans)

Worst - Gillingham (Shitehole...pure and simple)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here