Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best War Film

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To me the definition of a War Film is based on one of the Wars that have taken place on this Earth and based on true events.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To me the definition of a War Film is based on one of the Wars that have taken place on this Earth and based on true events.

Schindlers list is not really a war film. Okay it is based in wartime but I would say it isn't really in that genre.

Private Ryan is great though.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree to an extent Nibble. Would you classify Star Wars as a War film by the way ?.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I agree to an extent Nibble. Would you classify Star Wars as a War film by the way ?.

Fantasy War but wouldn't say it has a place on a best war film list , no. In the same way I would not put Lord Of The Rings in, it has battles and a fictional war but is not a war film.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Band of Brothers is my favourite war film type thingy but that was a TV series so I can't imagine you lot will allow it in this list.

I reckon Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree Nibble I just think its someone trying to wind me up by talking bollocks and I really am not in the f***ing mood for it today.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Band of Brothers is my favourite war film type thingy but that was a TV series so I can't imagine you lot will allow it in this list.

I reckon Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

:eek::thud:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Al, isn't that a Western ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair enough Piers.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
A little suggestion would be not to carry on going on about it on this thread, if you are not in the mood for it today.

Are you saying US likes to bicker for the attention?
That's shocking Piers, i expect more from you

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Big fan of both The Eagle has Landed, and Where Eagles Dare. I first read Reach for the Sky when I was a kid, and so that film too. Just a great story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here