Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best TV Chef?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I dont know how to do polls and anyway they are boring.

Just watching Rick Stein's Taste of Young Yellow Pussy, or whatever his current sex holiday dressed up as cooking Asian food programme is called, and realise how much I liked his taste of the sea programmes but he is in fact a complete cnt. Funny how you can enjoy tv cooking programmes but generally despise the presenters.

There are a few exeptions. I think the greek woman with the English name is f***ing lovely, but cannot remember what shes called. Anthony Bourdain you would be pleased to have as a mate and is class. Gary Rhodes makes you want to be violently sick as soon as he opens his mouth.

Who's pet TV chef heroes and zeroes are whos? And why?

Tonia Baxton? She's a Greek Cypriot-might be her.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bourdain - brilliant, loved A Cooks Tour, great read.
Fearnley Whittingstall - MAD about what he does.
Allen - SAWT

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brett Mendoza coz he has been on the tele and he is a good chef innit. x

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
IMHO Worrall Thompson is a poor chef who uses far too much cream in his cooking. He's originally from Brighton and seems to be permanently pi55ed. Either that, or he has a very posh accent.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
IMHO Worrall Thompson is a poor chef who uses far too much cream in his cooking. He's originally from Brighton and seems to be permanently pi55ed. Either that, or he has a very posh accent.

Born in Stratford-upon-Avon actually. I seem to remember that he had his jaw crushed/broken in some sort of rubgy accident, which is why he has a funny shaped face. Commercially he is very successful, has opened something like 38 restaurants - I suspect mainly cos it's not trying to be "fine dining" its just good bistro food.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what like claiming that all food is cooked on the premises, then being caught bang to rights when it was discovered that most of the food for his gastropubs is prepared in a warehouse in ealing ?

did he ever actually claim that it was all cooked on site? these are fancy pubs not michelin star restraunts. i think people made a meal over nothing, assuming somthing then finding reality was slightly different. you wouldnt think anything of it when the catering to an event such as a wedding turns up in some vans, i dont see what the fuss was about.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Go to bed you grumpy old git.

On the Rick Stein theme I know someone from Padstow who would quite happily hold his head under one of his fish stews for ten minutes. Apparently there are quite a few like that from the area. All to do with him buying up most of the town I think.

Isn't that more too do with most of Padstow being miserable bastards though?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he said he wouldnt eat in places where food wasnt prepared on the premises.

If he does not eat in his own restaurants he isnt fibbing then.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He's got a point. I don't like sucking cocks but I wouldn't dump a girl for wanting to

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No he didn't.

He said ready meals were bad. Food prep is not a ready meal, it's how the restaruant trade works.

Agree. There is a world of difference between ready meals and the stuff in Ramsey's kitchens.

It was basically a typical tabloid 'let's knock someone who's doing well' article.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's got a point. I don't like sucking cocks /QUOTE]

you've tried it then ?

I often converse on NSC with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here